Is Laser Tattoo Removal over Breast Implants Safe?

My tattoo is on the top part of my breast, how deep does the laser go? Is this known? I hate my tattoo (which is black but covers a small rose). I would love to get it removed but am worried that the laser could damage my Silicone Breast Implants. Would you risk it ?

Breast implants and laser tattoo removal

+2

As stated below, laser treatments for tattoo removal is generally considered safe over breast implants. The energy i stypically dielivered to the deep dermis and the implants are commonly shielded from the energy by the subcutaneous fat and breast tissue and/or muscle.

Tattoo removal and breast implant

+2

Tattoo laser removal does not penetrate to the depth of the implant. The tattoo is in the dermis and the implant is below the dermis and fat. You should feel comfortable having it done that you will not be harming your breast implant. Of course, should the healing of the tattoo removal be unusual with pain or redness and swelling, seek medical attention to make sure there is no skin infection. This is very very rare, but if it happens and not treated then it could threaten the implant.

Laser Tattoo Removal with Breast Implants

+2

Laser removal of a tattoo on the breast over silicone implants should not affect the implants. The energy of the laser is absorbed by the pigment in the tattoo. Your implants are a good bit deeper, especially if they are submuscular. Be forewarned, however, that several treatments are required with the laser.

Laser tattoo removal over breasts will not harm implants

+1

Laser energy does not penetrate anywhere near the depths that you need to worry about your implants. Just make sure you see someone with experience to avoid skin complications including scarring.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.