Will Right Breast Get Larger Than Left with Implants After Breastfeeding?

With my first pregnancy, my right breast got significantly bigger than my left. I am wondering, if I get breast implants and breastfeed again, will the same thing happen with my right breast being larger than the left?

You should expect the same change with subsequent pregnancies

+2

No one can predict exactly what will happen but your history tells you what you should expect. You may want to wait until after you have had your children to have breast surgery.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

Most likely

+1

Hi,

It is difficult to predict what will happen to your breasts with your next pregnancy. However, your first pregnancy should be a pretty good indicator of what to expect with your next. If the same thing does not happen, then that is great.

Your breast will undergo change throughout and after your pregnancy, as you have already experienced. I usually recommend that you wait at least six months after your pregnancy for that reason. This will give your breast time to settle and get back to normal. This could prevent you from needing an additional surgery in the future.

Your breasts are likely to change size again

+1

It's difficult to know how or to what extent your breasts will change size after another pregnancy, but it's likely they will change again. If there was a dramatic change during your first pregnancy, it's certainly reasonable to wait until you have completed your breast feeding with your second child before considering breast enhancement (I usually recommend waiting around 6 months or so after you have stopped breast feeding before surgery- this gives the breasts plenty of time to settle into their final position, size, and shape). At that point, you and your surgeon can decide if the best option is an implant or and implant with possibly a lift. This approach I think will give you the best chance at an outstanding result.

Good luck!

Dr. S

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

One breast larger with pregnancy

+1

Yes, your breasts will most likely respond the same way  when you are pregnant. The one breast that became larger with pregnanacy probably has more breast tissue to begin.

Probably.

+1

Hi!

It's hard to be sure, but the same thing may well happen.  Why don't you put off breast augmentation until you are done with breastfeeding.  Then you will be sure about size and symmetry.