Want to Go From B to DD Cup, Breast Implants too Large?

I am 18 and had my son a year ago. I stopped breast feeding after a month due to complications, and now my breasts are very deflated. Before pregnancy I was a large C cup, a D when I breastfed, now I am a small B. I am thinking about sizes, and want to fit into a DD bra. I am 5'2, and weigh 105 pounds. Would this look "too large" on my petite frame. (I like the "bigger look" and think it would help me with my modeling career.) I need doctor's advice, Thanks!

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant choices

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to "size you up."  But I wold caution you to go very large.  The larger you go, the more likely you will have earlier sagging.  There are other issues with very large implants as well, distortion, increased risk of double bubble, etc..

Leaping from B to DD Cup WOULD require Large Breast Implants and Their Consequences

+1

Without an examination much less photographs it is impossible to give you anything close to advice which may be specific to you.

Consider for a minute the way your breast look now. The expansion of 9 months of pregnancy deflated a C breast into a B breast by rapidly expanding and stretching the skin breast envelope. If you had a Breast Lift (which removed this excess skin) you should be able to regain much of the shape and perkiness of the pre-pregnancy breasts. If you added a small implant to the lift, you could be slightly larger. But - worse of all - if you decided to avoid a Breast lift by using very large breast implants (serious mistake), the breasts will be larger, FAKE appearing, sagging and in no time a lot of the breast tissue will go away resulting in visible ripples.

Choosing a breast implant which can be covered by your breast tissues AND fits on your chest cage is more important than focusing on a cup size goal which does not take any of these into consideration and will deliver a poor uncorrectable result.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Watch out for too big breast implants in a small frame

+1

Without photos it is hard to say but from your description, you might also need a lift as big implants will not lift you if the nipples have sagged down.  Also, really big implants will look super fake on your tiny frame so go to an excellent plastic surgeon and be measured specifically for what width implants you can carry off.  Then choose the profile that will get closest to the look you want...probably high profile.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Implants Sizing?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to  give you good advice without direct examination despite your description of wanting the “bigger look” but not wanting to look “too large”.

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.