Breast Implants Too Large and Painful. Want Replaced with Smaller Ccs, Should It Be Paid For? (photo)

First BA june'11 400cc silicone under. Started with 34A,110lbs, 5'6, 21 yrs old wanted small D. As my breast settled they became very asymetrical. My right breast looked bottomed out but my PS said my breasts were naturally uneven so had aerola repositioning in May'12 so went larger. Wanted 500ccs but the nurses talked me into 600cc because they said 500ccs would barely be a difference. My breast are heavy and painful I want them smaller,should I get this paid for? Have spent $9,800. Please help!

Unhappy after re-augmentation and mastopexy

+2

I'm sorry you are feeling this way but you should really be discussing your concerns with your surgeon as you are very early in your post-operative recovery.  Before your second procedure, how did you decide what side you liked better?  And how did you decide on your ultimate volume?  I am in disagreement with surgeons who pick the size for their patients as it opens the door to undesired sizes.  The procedure is 'water under the bridge' and you will need to give yourself some time to adjust to the larger size and repositioned areolas before making any decisions.  Good luck and I hope your surgeon has a fair revision policy.

Breast Implants Too Large and Painful. Want Replaced with Smaller Ccs, Should It Be Paid For?

+2

Yes you will be charged additional fees Sorry but there is a cost and your surgeon placed the size you decided upon. As for scars they will fade in time. Maybe seek in person second opinions. 

Revision and payment

+2

The financing for revision is something that you should talk about with the doctor or his office.

Implant size

+1
I agree that you should not have listened to the staff and went to 600cc. You should have seen a number of girls in the doctors before and after to know that 600cc on your frame not a natural look. I do my best to make sure the size is what the patient wants but no one is perfect. When going up one cup size with your frame it is about 150cc to go up a cup. At his point you need to talk with your doctor and replacing now may be an option. You will pay for most of the cost but your doctor may lower his or her fee. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Financial Responsibility for Revision Breast surgery

+1

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the results. Unfortunately, your initial payment was for you surgeons best possible effort and ultimately it would appear that the size he placed was the size you thought you would require. Therefore there would be a cost involved with further revision surgery. Most important is that you have a complete and thorough conversation with your surgeon discussing realistic expectations and to make sure he understands your wishes.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Meeting Expectations in Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

You have several concerns about your recent breast augmentation, from looking at your photographs after the first procedure there is a difference in the height of the inframammary crease.  Without a pre-op photo there is no way to tell if this was present prior to surgery or is a result of the placement of the implants.   As far as you concerns about size, this is a difficult question.  You evidently increased your breast size by 200 cc.  If you were happy with the 400 cc originally why did you go to a larger size if the only problem was shape.   With your body shape a 600 cc implant is quite large.  Open the lines of communication with your plastic surgeon discuss your concerns, understand the office policy on revision and hopefully your final result will meet your expectations.  

Revisionary Breast Surgery and Finances?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your best bet is to communicate your questions/concerns regarding the outcome of breast surgery as well as potential financial obligations for additional surgery, with your plastic surgeon. I would suggest that you communicate in a calm/constructive fashion keeping in mind that most plastic surgeons are very interested in keeping their patients happy. You will find that every plastic surgeons practice varies in their policies;  information you receive from online consultants will not necessarily fit your situation precisely.