Breast Implants Incision is Opening, Is this Normal? (photo)

I been having brest implants for a year. Couple of months ago i send a email to my doctor that stays in Mexico. He said it was nothing to worry that it was just some points he had remove. But now is red and it hurts? is this normal

Stitch abscess a year after breast augmentation

+3

Your photo looks like a small suture absess, though with dissolving suture that most of us use in the USA you should not see such a problem this far out. Red and tender is not good and you will have to find a local surgeon to treat you right away.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Complication after Breast Augmentation?

+3

Thank you for the question and picture.

Most likely you are dealing with a localized stitch abscess situation  but it would be in your best interests to be evaluated in the very near future by a local board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Implant Incision Opening

+3

Based on the picture and what you describe, you should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon sooner rather than later.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

You need to be evaluated as soon as possible.

+3

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon as soon as you can. This could be an infection and you may need further treatment. 

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant dehiscence

+3
You should see a local, board certified plastic surgeon. This, unfortunately, is the downside of medical tourism. You should expect to pay for the consultation. You could have an infection which will require treatment and could result in removal of the implant. The discoloration on the breast is disturbing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Discolored implant

+3

You should definitely be seen by a board certified PS as soon as possible.  I don't know if you are running fever or feel chilled but this may be an infection

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

You need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon

+3

You may have infected implants. I am concerned about the discoloration and pain. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for examination and treatment.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

It looks like a stitch abscess that is resolving

+2

It looks like a stitch abscess that is resolving. Especially when using absorbable sutures such as monocryl or vicryl, translocation of bacteria is possible leading to a small abscess. Once the pus is removed along with the suture, the problem resolves and skin heals.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Stitch abscess?

+1

Sometimes even months later, a patient may experience a stitch abscess. This is often treated with warm soaks +/- antibiottics. You should have this checked out.

Breast implant complication.

+1

I agree with the others.  You need to be evaluated as soon as possible.  At the least, there is a localized infection of the stitches and at worst an infection in or around the breast implant.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon