Bigger Breast Implants for More Cleavage and Fullness at Top?

I am confused as to whether I should go from a 300 cc mod plus profile gel breast implant (which I have now) to a 375 cc high profile. I have a narrow chest and want to be a little bigger, more fullness at top, and more cleavage.

Breast implants for improved cleavage

+1

Your ideas are very good, but if you want more fullness and cleavage a 75cc difference may not give you the result that you want. Even with high profile implants, you may be disappointed afterward. Therefore, I would consider jumping at least 150cc with the same moderate profile implant to fill out the areas that you want. Try and taking bags filled with sand and placing them in your bra. Once you get the volume that you like, take the bags to your plastic surgeon so he/she can measure them and calculate the "cc's" and determine the right size for you. Good luck!

Breast implant dimensions more important than volume

+1

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you have a narrow chest wall a 300cc moderate profile implant should give you cleavage unless the implants come off your chest wall larterally. Superior fullness should be a gentle slope and not convex. This would make your breasts look "fake". If you desire more cleavage to the point of the implants "touching", you need a wider implant . Depending on your rib cage and breast bone anatomy this might not be posible. But, in any case to go up in volume only 75cc (less than 1/2 cup) I'm not sure will give you the desired result. Best of luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Need more volume at the top

+1

The high profile may have more volume, but has a narrower base. The change that you describe might in fact result in more volume lower in your breast and no increase in cleavage or upper pole volume. To create more upper pole fullness, you need the the widest implant that your breast width allows.

Your surgeon should measure you breast width and the two of you determine which size and style will provide the look you desire.

In many cases, the distance between the breasts will not allow the creation of cleavage. If a surgeon tries to create cleavage by placing the implants close together when the breasts are apart, you wind up with nipples on the outside of the breast pointing outward.

Be careful and good luck

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage and Superior pole fullness

+1

Your quest for great cleavage and fullness in the upper part of the breast is a frequent request by many women seeking breast enhancement. The choice of implants should ideally match the width of your chest wall and mesh well with the overlying thickness of your breast tissue. Many people feel that silicone gel implants are more "natural" in feel and appearance because they impart a more subtle structure to the breast. Saline implants on the other hand can provide a more exaggerated outcome.

Ask your consultant to explain his/her choice of implant style as well as volume. The implant manufacturers provide a chart of implant measurements for each of their style models, which are helpful guidelines. If you have the moderate plus profile implants (300cc) it would be reasonable to try the high profile implant whose base diameter is the same as the pair you currently have. Ultimately, the choice of implant should be selected jointly by both the patient and physician. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Larger high profile breast implants make sense.

+1

Hi!

Based on what you describe and on what you want,switching to somewhat larger high profile breast implants sounds like a good plan.

In New York City, we only use moderate plus profile or high profile implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant choices

+1

If you want more cleavage and higher implants, you probably need to go with wider implants.  If you compare HP's vs mod + in the same volume, you probaly are better off with the mod + because they are wider.

Dimension not volume

+1

To go bigger and fuller you probably need to go wider. Your surgeon should measure the dimensions of your desired shape. However, be sure that the width will fit the anatomy of your natural breasts as far as the width of the chest, the position of the breasts on the chest, and the location of the nipple on your breasts. It is not a simple matter of going up in volume. High profile implant generally will mean more round breast compared to lower profile implants. Also, you need to change the dimension volume significantly to affect a noticeable change. I usually recommend a two size difference since going up or down one size is not significant in most circumstances.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD