Will Breast Implants Fix Asymmetrical Breasts?

I went to my consualtation and the Surgeon noticed the left side of my breast is lower and my right ribs curve more. He suggested I get 400CC for both of my breasts. My concern is I dont want to be left with one breast bigger than the other. Should I get a breast lift or what should I do?

Breast asymmetry

+2

All breasts are asymmetric and even placing implants can magnify the difference. I would not place different size implants unless there was a big difference between the two.

You will have a great result

+2

You have slight scoliosis and your left shoulder is lower which give the impression of the lower left breast. The other issue is the size of the implant.I would recommend smaller implant like 325 c.c . You have youthful breast and larger implant will over stretch your breast.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Will Breast Implants Fix Asymmetrical Breasts? Undercorrection or Overcorrection

+1

Will Breast Implants Fix Asymmetrical Breasts? The short answer is no! However, they may decrease the amount of asymmetry. Being perfectly even is not a realistic nor is it always and achievable goal. Express your concerns. Any attempt at correction will likely result in overcorrection or undercorrection.

Breast implants and asymmetry

+1

As asymmetries go, yours is very minor.  Also, you do not need a lift because your nipples are high and youthfully placed.  Sometimes if the volume difference is minor we use the same implants and sometimes we will use one slightly bigger than the other.  Remember that breast asymmetry is the normal, not the exception and yours is very minor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS