Explantations Done on Someone Who Had Bilateral Mastectomy?

How many explantations have you done from someone who had bi-lateral mastectomy? Of those, how many chose not to have breast implants replaced?

Explant after mastectomy

+2

Elaine,

I actually don't believe I have any patients who fit your question. I have removed implants for women after long time ago augmentation and had varying results. Some women who have gained weight and developed more breast tissue in the meantime are quite happy while there are others who require a breast lift procedure of some kind. It really depends on why you are considering removing your implants; are they too large, do you not like the shape, etc. These are questions that would be best dicussed in consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can hopefully guide you to a solution that helps you reach your goals. I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Breast implant removal and replacement

+1

I have had only one patient that I can recall that has had bilateral mastectomy and implant reconstrution who subseqeuntly had explantation and NO replacement of the implants.

MAstectomies and implatn removal

+1

The procedure to remove implants after a mastectomy is really no different than removal under other conditions, except that you will have a very flat chest and you may want to consider alternative reconstruction.

Explantations and bilateral mastectomy

+1

Dear Elaine1,

I am SURE a lot of us would like to answer your question. But, in its present form, the question is not really answerable. Please, provide a description of your medical history, the sequence of your procedures and treatments followed by your concerns and I am sure you will get a multitude of meaningful response.