Saline Breast Implants or Silicone?

Which lasts longer between Saline breast implants and Silicone breast implants?

While both are safe I find the best most natural results are with silicone gel

+1

The improvements in both the saline and gel filled implants have been so great that both are very safe. Unfortunately they both can break but there are few ill effects from them breaking. The saline will certainly go flat and need to be replaced, the gel may not even be recognized as broken. In either case if the are broken they do not cause any systemic diseases and should not cause any significant local problems either.

However when I compare the results of a saline implant behind the muscle and a gel implant behind the breast, I find the gel behind the breast is more natural and softer. On the other hand the results of the saline behind the muscle a spectacular and the patients are thrilled with their saline implants.

Breast Implant Survival

+1

Breast implants are very well made and could possibly last a lifetime.  They are so well made that they come with a lifetime warranty.  However, they are mechanical devices and have a rate of failure of 1 % per year.

There is no difference in failure rate between saline and silicone implants.

Farbod Esmailian, MD