What Breast Implant Size Would You Suggest for Me?

I am 5'6" tall about 144lbs, and trying to lose ten pounds before surgery. I wear a 36A. I thought 600cc was okay, but I just don't want to end up wanting bigger and for some reason, I thought 600cc was smaller than I want. What do you suggest? I am getting saline breast implants, and I don't need a breast lift. What size cup would that be?

Implant Selection Process

+1

Larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

+1

A 600 cc Implant should take you up to a D cup but that is not a warranty.

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. . Best of luck.

Large breast implants

+1

For your size frame 600cc is awfully large. To predict cup size, would be difficult because all manufacturers produce different bras.  If I had to guess I would say at least a "D" and probably larger.

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

This is the most common type of question we answer.

1) Find a plastic surgeon you trust.

2) Show him or her pictures so he or she understands the look you want.

3) Make sure that, after your surgeon has measured your anatomy, he or she agrees that what you want is safe and reasonable.

4) During surgery, your surgeon should use breast implant SIZERS to actually see what a particular size looks like inside you, before opening the permanent implants. That takes all the guess work.

5) 600 cc's is too big for almost everybody. Very large implants age badly!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

600cc Breast Implants For Breast Augmentation

+1

I stress this time and again regarding implant size-it's all about proportion. If you have broad shoulders, wide hips, a larger than average buttock and you're young you may look okay with such large implants. But remember the larger the implant the more the overlying breast tissue will thin over time. If you have tried on sizers of this size and they look good on you than go for it. But if you're just picking a number out of the air or at the advice of your surgeon without seeing the potential results I'd be cautious. Take your time with this decision. I personally think you would look better, even without seeing a picture, with smaller implants.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Choose an implant which compliments your body.

+1

I have a few patients who have large implants ranging in size from 630-800cc, however they are either very tall, muscular women with broad chests or breast cancer survivors, who have no intrinsic breast tissue. Many of your acquaintances will tell you that they wished they had gone bigger, however although size matters, shape is equally important. I am assuming that you are a young woman, who hasn't had children yet. Please factor in all the activities which are important to you, such as hobbies (are you a runner? surfer?), usual dress size (do you want to wear large tops and small/medium bottoms?), career/occupation ( do I want to wear matronly bras to support the weight of augmented breasts?)

You should know that all implants eventually settle and in so doing, may stretch your breast skin envelope. Most surgeons agree that implants, which are larger than the size of a patient's chest will eventually fall "down and out", especially at certain nodal points in a woman's life, post-pregnancy/lactation and menopause. Engage in an active discussion with your surgeon and try on the sizers, so you can get a better appreciation of the implant (s)he is offering and the rationale for it. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

600 cc is a really large implant

+1

Dear Odamin,

Choosing an implant size can be a tricky. While it's true that some women wish they'd gone with a larger sized implant, the breast skin envelope can only accomodate so much volume. After you exceed that, the breast looks very fake - particularly with saline implants. In addition, larger implants are more prone to migrating inferiorly over time, which can be a difficult problem to fix.

Your best bet is to meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Have an open and frank discussion about the size you wish to be. He or she will help guide you to the largest size implant that looks good!

Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

600 cc are very large implants

+1

The size you are discussing is quite big. It would be wise to work closely with your doctor to evaluate whether these would be a reasonable fit for your frame and tissue and your goals. There are many negative consequences with going to implants of this size or greater and you should make certain you are aware of these. They include stretching and thinning of the tissues, a very poor look if you remove the implants, numbness, and capsular contracture.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Asking your surgeon for the size is the correct approach

+1

No one should have more experience that your surgeon in selecting the correct implant size for the look of the augmentation that you hope to achieve. The more information that you bring into your consultation the better your surgeon can judge the size and type and shape of the implant to 'get the job done' to your satisfaction. Already from your height and weight and interest in a 600 cc implant it appears that you would be most comfortable with a DD cup with extra upper fill and cleavage. For such a full augmentation I would caution you about a saline implant as the very full volume will have a balloon and ripple effect. This also may be at the limit to allow submuscular placement and your surgeon may have to consider a subglandular gel implant that is of moderate plus to high profile depending on the result you wish.

With very full implants you are pushing the limits of 'natural', though may have an attractive augmentation. You should carefully work with photos and surgeon to understand what the result will be.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast implant size you chose seems a bit big to me

+1

Based on your height and weigt, a 600cc implant seems a bit large to me.  Of course other factors like the thickness and quality of the overlying tissues must be taken into account as well.

Without the benefit of seeing you, my gut reaction is that a 600cc implant is plenty large enough.

Darrick E. Antell, MD