Will Breast Implants Alone Correct my Minor Tubular/herniated Nipple?

have very minor herniated nipple/tubular breast as well as getting an enlargement i would like the shape of them to be more natural.Had two consultations one asked if they really bother me to have them corrected with nipple incision to correct and with 260 Under implants. My second surgeon thinks that with just the implants alone i will get a more normal shape and the breast will spread out more and he wasn't willing to do nipple surgery being minor. Will implant alone make the shape better?

Breast Implants and Herniated Nipple

+2

Breast implants alone will probably correct a minor tuberous breast deformity with small nipple herniation but that is not something anyone can guarantee.  Your surgeon will probably use a technique to "score" the breast and allow it to splay out evenly over an implant.    This will fix the way the nipple looks, lower the crease under your breasts, and give your breasts a more natural appearance.

Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Implants will have some effect on the shape, but the shape you have naturally will be the “foundation” of your enlarged shape.  The shape will change somewhat, but the tubular shape will persist to some degree.  A consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is important before proceeding with this type of procedure.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Areolar herniation in a tuberous breast

+1

A conservative augmentation of your breasts isa good start in correcting your type of breast shape, but it will not flatten your areola.  In fact, it could make it look worse.  It's as if there is a constriction around the outer edge of the areola that prevents it from stretching outward.  Instead the implant pushes the herniated breast tissue further into the areola.  You may want to consider a skin excision all the way arond your areolas and if that is not enough, excision of a small disk of breast tissue behind the areola (this would effect ytour ability to breaast feed in the future).  Sometimes deep radial cuts into the back of the breast under the areola combined with skin excision will flatten out the areola.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

Your tubular breast deformity is very mild. However, if you just put breast implants in and do nothing else to the tissue I do not think you will be happy with the end result. If you look at the left (far breast) on the center photo which is an oblique view you will see a small cone of breast tissue that protrudes outward from the main breast mound. If you just put an implant in that breast centered under the nipple that cone will now sit on top of the implant and be even more noticeable. You will see a double bubble at the bottom and the junction between the bottom of the cone and the implant will be the crease between the 2 bubbles. A better option is to surgically spread that cone out over the mound so you don't have a narrow protruding cone on top of the implant.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tubular breast and implant enlargement

+1

The asymmetry between your breast will not be corrected with implants only. It is a good idea to start with small implant,but you should be ready for revision surgery later on if needed.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Implants alone with nipple heniation

+1

The implants alone will improve the shape of your breast and help expand the skin envelope. The 260 cc seems like a good starting point from which to work. We would favor placement of the implants through a periareolar approach, and anticipate that at some point you may wish to address the nipple herniation. The pressure of the implant behind can tend to push the nipple forward and accentuate the prominence. If the skin is released around the nipple (like a round block lift, but not lifting, just releasing) the nipple will set in better. By choosing a periareolar augment the scar is 'halfway' there.

peterejohnsonmd

Tubular Breasts And Augmentation

+1

Based upon the photos, your breast do indeed have a mild tubular variant.  A breast implant alone may very well enhance the overall shape of your breasts but unlikely do much to correct the herniating nipple-areolar complex - for this additional surgery which will create a circumferential scar around your areola is necessary...if you so choose.  Best of luck...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Breast implants and tubular breasts

+1

Based on your photos alone, breast implants will not completely correct this tubular shape of your  nipple/areola. You may need some surgical incisions made internally to create a rounder shape to your breasts; this can be done most efficiently through a periareolar incision. I have seen many patients with this type of breast and very rarely does the implant itself correct it- although it may be slightly improved by the implant.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD