Questions to Ask During Breast Augmentation Consultation?

I'm Saba and I live in Pakistan. I am 30 years old with 2 babies. My breast have sagged big time, and I want to go for breast augmentation. Can you please tell me, what kind of questions should I ask from the doctor during consultation? No one in my family have done it before and I want to make sure the procedure goes well.

This is a great idea

+2

I have attached my answers to about 50 questions I am commonly asked. Many other plastic surgeons do the same thing as well as websites that support women before during and after breast surgery. RealSelf.com may have this but I'm not sure. Take care.

Dr Edwards

Breast implants and sagging

+2

Well , first, it sounds like you need a lift and an implant. I would ask the doctor if he is board certified in plastic surgery, and whether or not he has done this surgery often. A good thing to figure out is if you know anyone that has had work by the doctor, and if they were happy with the care and results.

Questions to ask at a consultation for breast implants.

+1

It is a good idea for you to prepare yourself for your consultation.  A few things to make sure you ask your Doctor,

Is he/she board certified in plastic surgery.

Where are the surgeries performed.

Ask to see before and after photos of previous patients.

Which type of implants are to be used and make sure you are well informed about the difference between saline and silicone.

How many breast augmentation procedures he/she have performed.

Find out about the warranty on the implants and if there is an extended warranty available.

Regarding the lift, ask which type of lift will be used.

Ask about post operative instructions including massaging techniques and rapid return excercises (see attached video).

Make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon and his/her staff.