State with Cheapest Breast Implant Cost?

I need to take out my 10 year old breast implants and want to replace them. I heard that it's cheaper in Alabama. Where is the LEAST amount to pay for this, in Alabama or Ohio? I live in NY and it's very expensive.

My implants have become hard and 2 sizes smaller. Thank you so much for your help

Choosing the best surgeon not the best price

+3

Make sure you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Licensed Facility and a MD Anesthesiologist. Make sure the Physician has performed alot of breast augmentations and reconstructive breast surgeries. Ask to speak to clients who have had the same procedure that you will be having.

Breast Augmentation at our facility in Atlanta is $4,465.00 for a straight forward breast augmentation using Silicone gel Implants. This fee includes the physicians fee, facility fee, anesthesia's fee and all of your follow up visits. If you decide on Saline Implants the cost for the procedure would be 3,765.00.

We do not charge any additional fee just to remove the implants, however if you are needing a breast lift, reconstruction, capselectomy, nipple reduction etc... the prices listed above do not include these procedures.

The prices listed above are special prices through October, 2009. Free long distance consultations by e-mail are always welcome.

May need more that just implant exchange

+3

From your description it sounds like you need more than just new implants. If the breasts are hard and firm then you have a capsular contracture problem and this will need to be corrected at the same time as a possible implant exchange. The cost for the surgery will certainly vary from one region of the country to another. Traveling long distances to have a surgery performed at a cheaper price is not always a good idea. My advice is to speak with friends and go in for a consultation wtih a plastic surgeon in your area. Find out what is involved and make a decision based upon a plastic surgeons experience and not cost.

Don't choose your surgeon based on price

+2

Plastic surgeons as a rule are not allowed to inquire what other surgeon's charge. In addition to that you really need to decide where you will be cared for based upon the plastic surgeon's training, credentials, experience and if you agree on a plan of treatment. I perform a lot of breast revision surgery and a number of patients are suprised that their initial surgeon was not a plastic surgeon. There is no doubt a good, qualified plastic surgeon in your area who will take excellent care of you.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

The qestion should the best surgeon rather than the cheapest surgeon

+2

You need to check out surgeons in your city to find the best surgeon for your problem and not the cheapest. If you make decision based on the price only,you will pay much more in long run. Consider possible complication and the expense of taking trips to see your doctor out of state. The other point is that if a surgeon charging below everybody else in the community, you need to find out the reason.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon