How Many Cc's to Achieve C Cup from A Cup?

I am a petite woman currently an A cup and I want to be a full C cup. I am going to get saline implants under the muscle. How many cc's would it take to be a full C cup? I am 5'1" and 90 pounds. My rib cage measures 27 inches. Would high profile implants be an option for me?

Focus on the look you want more than cup size

+2

It would be great if we had a more consistent way to measure breasts other than the cup size system, which was developed by the Warner Bros. Corset Company in the 1930's as a way to infer breast size without being too immodest. So the cup size is determined by the dimensions of your whole chest, not just the volume of the breast. Use implant sizers in a bra and just see if it looks right, then work with your surgeon to decide how to get that same look.

Cc's to Achieve C Cup from A Cup

+1

Cup size is not an accurate measurement and will vary from bra company to bra company. The same bra company may change its sizing frequently. To provide you the best recommendation for sizing, you will need an in person consultation and exam with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to review your objectives and to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

This has been answered often on this site

+1

Your question has surfaced multiple times on RealSelf. You might want to review the answers. Basically, don't get fixated on cup size. The "look" you want is more important. Implant diameter should match your chest diameter and you probably need high profile to get the volume you want. Go submuscular and consider gel because at your build, the saline will be very wrinkly.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Petite one

+1

Carjul,

High profile implants are availabe for you. They provide more breast projection out from your chest wall, if that is your goal. To get to a C cup you will likely need around a 275cc implant. Make sure that you are on the same page as your surgeon before going into the operating room, as far as your goals are concerned. I personally have a narrow range of implants available for each of my patients and make the final determination of size in the operating room using a breast sizer with the patient in the sitting position to ensure a good proportional result. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Results matter in augmentation, not actual implant size

+1

This is a subject I have written about often on the website. You may wish to review other responses concerning choosing an implant size. There is a rough rule of thumb when estimating change in cup size and it has often been quoted that a change in cup size is about 150cc.

What I recommend to my patients is to invest some time and exploration to know what they want, projection, cleavage, upper fill. We have worked with trial bras, however after years of practice we still find that pictures will best help out patients find the look that is best for them. Our goal is then to match our patients expectation as closely as possible. The actual cc's or profile of the implant matters very little as long as the look is right.

Take the time to search and explore what will be right for you. It may be a "B" or even a "D" cup but it must fit how you feel inside to be right for you. A submuscular saline implant is a good start, enjoy the search.

peterejohnsonmd

An educated guess

+1

I would guess that based on your dimensions somewhere around 240cc or 270  cc round smooth Inamed/McGhan implant under the muscle should be fine.  Slightly larger silicone.  That should be fairly close however.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Cup size is relative

+1

Everything else being equal, (breast size and implant size), a C cup on a petite person like you with a small chest circumference may only be a B cup in someone with a wider chest and back. Another important thing to remember is that what you are thinking is a C cup your surgeon may have an entirely different vision of what he/she thinks a C cup is. The best thing to do is to convey your expectations to your surgeon by showing the proportions you are looking for, more so than the actual cup size. I find the most reliable way to do this is with photographs.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD