SInce I Got Breast Implants my Breasts Move Whenever I Talk. Why? It's Embarrassing!

I have had the implants since 2007. Whenever I talk I can feel the muscles around/under my breasts moving my breasts. It is so humiliating. People stare and laugh and I have no control of over the movement.

Do you use your arms and chest when you talk?

+2

Thank you for your question, but I'm still trying to make sense of it.  The only way your chest muscles would move when you talk is if you use your chest muscles when you talk--you would have to be moving your arms forcefully (pushing forward), for instance.  Please see your plastic surgeon for her evaluation, and do let us know what she says, as I think we're as interested in the answer as you are.

Breast implant revision

+1

Muscle distortion is difficult to completely eliminate with revisionary surgery unless the  implants are replaced in the sub glandular position.  However, because of the significant  disadvantages associated with implants in the sub glandular position, I would recommend revising your current breast implant pockets (with further release of the pectoralis muscle attachments medially  and inferiorly. This revision, of course carries its own risks such as medial or inferior implant malposition (bottoming out). Sometimes it is better to “live with” the muscle flexion as opposed to risking complications associated with revisionary surgery.

Breast implants move when I talk

+1

It must be that you are contracting your pectoralis muscles when speaking. If this sufficiently bothers you, consider biofeedback to learn to control this or consider Botox (off label) use injected into the pectoralis muscle.

Breasts move when she talks?

+1

I am not sure why they move only when you talk.  Do they  move when you flex the chest muscles?  This can happen with implants placed belowe the muscle.

"My Augmented Breasts Move Whenever I Talk"

+1

Regarding: "SInce I Got Breast Implants my Breasts Move Whenever I Talk. Why? It's Embarrassing!
I have had the implants since 2007. Whenever I talk I can feel the muscles around/under my breasts moving my breasts. It is so humiliating. People stare and laugh and I have no control of over the movement
"

Dear Kay, I have a graduate degree in Anatomy and have performed many hundreds of Breast Augmentations but I cannot reconcile any anatomic fact with your situation nor have I ever encountered a situation such as yours in my patients or in my training.

The speech muscles are located in the mouth and voice box NOT on the chest wall. We have all seen patients who are paralyzed below the neck being able to speak. In a submuscular breast augmentation, the implants are placed under the Pectoralis Major muscle and over the Pectoralis minor and the ribs which are separated by the intercostal muscles. These muscles are not speech muscles and do not move when someone speaks unless the person moves or lifts their arms.

I would suggest you visit your Plastic surgeon. If you do not have an unrelated movement or spastic disorder this would be a reportable case for our literature.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Implants move with talking

+1

Kay,

Even with implants partially under the muscle, I can't explain why they would move only while talking. I'd recommend you see you plastic surgeon and show them how they move to determine what might be causing it.

I hope this helps

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS