Breast Implants- One Breast Seems to Be Higher, Larger and More to the Side After 4 Weeks. Is This a Major Problem? (photo)

300cc textured implants in both breasts. From a 32a. My left breast was more swollen throughout the first weeks. My right breast's muscle loosened up much faster. I am still a bit swollen between my breasts. My breasts did have slight asymmetry before and I do understand that perfection will not be achieved. I would just like to know if it is possible that my left breast is still more swollen than the right and will fall more to the middle later on?

Breast augmentation healing

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures.  It is still early and breast swelling can be asymmetrical.  As fo the position, ask your surgeon if they will allow you to gently massage the left implant down and toward the sternum (chest bone). 

Breast Implants- One Breast Seems to Be Higher, Larger and More to the Side After 4 Weeks. Is This a Major Problem?

It does appear that there is still some asymmetry, but given the early time since your breast augmentation, it is my belief that you can work to help yourself with aggressive massage if allowed by your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

One Breast Seems to Be Higher, Larger and More to the Side After 4 Weeks

Many thanks for the question. Its good that you posted some very good images and it seems you will end up into a very good result. Some degree of this kind of appearance is seen in many cases and there should be no need to be of concern. This opinion is based on images and is not some kind of consultation. Wish you all the best

Left Breast More Swollen and Higher after Breast Augmentation

The left breast may be more swollen and higher than the right.  The left breast implant may continue to drop, particularly with more aggressive massage on the left.

Breast augmentation at four weeks

At four weeks you are still quite swollen.  Remember breasts are all a bit asymmetric, and they will most likely be a bit after surgery as well.

Swelling after augmentation

Yes, it is possible that your breasts are still swollen this early on after augmentation.  It will take six months to a year for your final result to emerge, as the implants settle and start to feel more "natural" to you.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is very possible to have swelling after four weeks from surgical date. Your breasts will still drop and settle over the next several months. In my practice, I don't take after pictures until my patients are at least six months months out. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast Asymmetry

Yes, it is possible that your left breast is a bit more swollen than the right. Your breasts will continue to soften and settle for another several months. However, it is unlikely that the implants will move more to the middle.

I do think you are likely to be pleased after the breasts have completely settled.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon