Natural-looking Breast Implants for Petite Women?

How many cc's (max.) for a smaller body frame to achieve a more natural-appearance? I am 5' tall and 100 lbs. I've had one childbirth and breastfed for about a year. I am currently size 34AA and would like to be able to fill out my clothes.

I'd like a natural looking breasts (no stretched out skin or too full on top) but also want to have something up there. I have opted to go with saline implants 280 cc. Would that look too big or small in your opinion? What do you think is the maximum cc that my body can take without looking "enhanced"?

Natural Looking Breast Implants for Petite Women

+3
Can breast implants really look and feel natural?
Yes, augmented breasts can and should look natural. With the right implant in the correct position, they can also feel completely natural. Excessively large breast implants never look or feel natural, so the first important factor to consider is implant size. Not only do large implants look odd, they also stretch out breast skin and tend to become very droopy over time. Most patients with excessively large implants end up having multiple operations over time to address problems with implant position ('bottoming out', for example, where implants drop below the desired level of the inframammary fold), implant visibility, and overstretched skin. If the goal is a natural-appearing breast augmentation, then most patients will require an implant volume between 250cc and 450cc. A petite patient looking for a B-cup to C-cup transition may need a 275cc implant for example, while a tall, broad-shouldered patient looking for an A-cup to C-cup transition may require a 425cc implant.
A common error that leads to an unnatural appearance after breast augmentation, even with implants of an ideal size, is inadequate lower pole dissection and/or inadequate release of the pectoralis major origin just above the inframammary fold. As a result the implants sit too high and appear excessively full in the upper poles (the area above the nipple-areola complex), while the lower poles - which should be the fullest area of the breast - are underfilled. Inadequate muscle release may also result in bizarre-appearing breast implant 'animation' when the pec major muscle contracts. In some cases this may result in one or both of their implants jumping up literally to the level of a patient's collarbones. An alarmingly unnatural look, and one that is totally avoidable.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How to pick breast implant sizes.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant choices

+1

It is difficult to give you a definitive answer without a formal exam.  Things like body dimension, skin quality, native amount of breast tissue, to name a few are all important.  If you are narrow framed and want a significant change, you  may want to opt for HP implants.

Don't get caught up on the "cc's"

+1

I find many women get caught up on the volume of breast implants when they are better off looking at dimensions. In general, I would say look at your chest diameter and go with an implant close to that with a moderate profile to look less noticeable. Also strongly consider "under the muscle" placement as thin women tend to look really obvious with "overs."

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Natural Look with Breast Implants

+1

To attain a natural look, you may want to take samples of implants and place them inside a bra. This will give you a gross estimate of how large you want your implants to be. You can also cut out pictures of breasts that you like from magazines and give them to your plastic surgeon. This way, you'll both have an idea about the ideal size for you. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Few guidelines for breast implants in petite women

+1

The maximum volume that could be used in a breast augmentation is a function of the breast diameter and the thickness of the breast tissues specialy on the upper part of the breast.

280cc could be a good conservative size for you based on the body weight and bra size. To be more accurate a picture or more measurements will be needed.

In general, silicone implants will give you a more natural look with less chance of rippling. Best of luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS