How Much Does Breast Implant Revision Cost?

I had Breast implants done 1year ago and I think one has bottomed out. Whats an average price i had 430cc's under the muscle...

Breast revision cost

+3

Your right implant has bottomed out, as you have surmised.  Correction needs to take place in the OR, under anesthesia, and would take anywhere from 1-2.5 hours, depending on the exact type of correction.  You can generally expect to cover the cost of the OR and anesthesia.  If you return to your original surgeon, there may or may not be a discount for his/her fee.  After all, bottoming out can occur, even if everything was technically correct at the time of surgery. 

Augmentation "Bottoming Out"

+2

It appears that the right crease is lower than the left. Prices vary by region in this country and I'm sure they do so in the UK as well. In the Minneapolis area, this may range from $3-6000 depending on what is needed. I agree with my colleagues that you would most likely get the best price from your original surgeon. If you still trust in them, then I would go back to them. By the way, this is something that all of us see from time to time and is not necessarily a sign of a poor surgeon.  Good luck.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Revision of breast augmentation

+2

The revision of a breast augmentation can consist of many elements.  The cost of such a revision will vary tremendously depending on the amount of work needed.  The surgeon's fee can vary from $3000 to $8000.  Be sure and consult a breast revision specialist.

Tal Raine  MD FACS

Breast Revision-Be Careful

+2

You have had your implants in for only 1 year, that is not a long time.  The right crease is a little low and i do understand your concern. The correction is another  surgery to lift the implant and a suture technique to raise the implant above the fold. this can work very well. The average price may be 3 to 4 thousand.

Remember, when ever a women gets implants this is a life long issues and will need revision surgery throughout your life.  Each time you have surgery you create more scar tissue, so each time you re-operate it should be for a reason you have a difficult time living with.

If your breast are soft and not contracted, if you have not had kids yet are planning to in the future, then all this should be discussed.  Your plastic surgeon will help with this decision.

Web reference: http://www.brestrevisionsanfrancisco.com

Correction of Bottomed Out Breasts

+2

This is a challenging problem to fix.   For minor bottoming out, sutures can be placed along the bottom of the breast to correct this problem.  Recurrence of this problem is always a risk.    For more severe cases, I have had great success using Lifecell Alloderm or Strattice (matrix sheet of collagen) to create an internal "bra" to help lift up the implant, or reset the fold, and/or definitely correct the problem of bottoming out.   However, there is a cost to the collagen sheets (ranging between 1400-2400).  Revision implant surgery requires skill and experience to correct.  The costs will clearly be higher than a primary augmentation

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

For Revision, See Your Original Surgeon

+2

Your best bet is to return to the surgeon who performed you breast augmentation.

Your surgeon will be much less expensive than staring with a new surgeon.

Your surgeon has more information to help with the revision: he knows about your preoperative appearance, specifics of the surgical technique, and how your body responded to surgery.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery

+2

The first thing you should do is return to the original surgeon for advice and information regarding surgery.  The cost will typically be less if performed by the original surgeon but not in all cases and of course the price will vary widely from practice to practice and within different geographic areas.  A photo of your preoperative appearance would also be helpful to see.  If the inframammary fold on the right side was signficantly higher to begin with or the skin of the lower pole of the breast was constricted this may be a contributing cause and important information for the next surgeon to have prior to any surgical revision.

Difficult to give you a cost for this procedure

+2

Your right implant is definitely lower than the left. There is the appearance of an extra fold on the right. It may be that the right breast crease was initially higher on the right. To correct this problem you will need a capsulotomy type of procedure. When I see a patient who has had a problem my first piece of advice is to return to your original surgeon. He may be willing to correct the problem at a reduced cost. The cost for this type of repair will vary from area to area so an exact cost determination is not possible .

Total cost would be $9000 in Manhattan.

+2

Hi!

Your right breast does need a revision breast augmentation.  I have no idea about fees in the UK, but in our Manhattan practice, it would cost you about $9000, including operating room charge and anesthesia.

Prices vary widely

+2

Your right breast needs correction.  If you stil have confidence in your original surgeon, you will get a much better price than if you have to go to an entirely new doctor.  Prices vary widely so I couldn't even guess on what it will be.