How Much Does Breast Implant Revision Cost?

I had Breast implants done 1year ago and I think one has bottomed out. Whats an average price i had 430cc's under the muscle...

Augmentation "Bottoming Out"

It appears that the right crease is lower than the left. Prices vary by region in this country and I'm sure they do so in the UK as well. In the Minneapolis area, this may range from $3-6000 depending on what is needed. I agree with my colleagues that you would most likely get the best price from your original surgeon. If you still trust in them, then I would go back to them. By the way, this is something that all of us see from time to time and is not necessarily a sign of a poor surgeon.  Good luck.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Revision of breast augmentation

The revision of a breast augmentation can consist of many elements.  The cost of such a revision will vary tremendously depending on the amount of work needed.  The surgeon's fee can vary from $3000 to $8000.  Be sure and consult a breast revision specialist.

Tal Raine  MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision-Be Careful

You have had your implants in for only 1 year, that is not a long time.  The right crease is a little low and i do understand your concern. The correction is another  surgery to lift the implant and a suture technique to raise the implant above the fold. this can work very well. The average price may be 3 to 4 thousand.

Remember, when ever a women gets implants this is a life long issues and will need revision surgery throughout your life.  Each time you have surgery you create more scar tissue, so each time you re-operate it should be for a reason you have a difficult time living with.

If your breast are soft and not contracted, if you have not had kids yet are planning to in the future, then all this should be discussed.  Your plastic surgeon will help with this decision.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Breast revision cost

Your right implant has bottomed out, as you have surmised.  Correction needs to take place in the OR, under anesthesia, and would take anywhere from 1-2.5 hours, depending on the exact type of correction.  You can generally expect to cover the cost of the OR and anesthesia.  If you return to your original surgeon, there may or may not be a discount for his/her fee.  After all, bottoming out can occur, even if everything was technically correct at the time of surgery. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

Revision breast surgery

The first thing you should do is return to the original surgeon for advice and information regarding surgery.  The cost will typically be less if performed by the original surgeon but not in all cases and of course the price will vary widely from practice to practice and within different geographic areas.  A photo of your preoperative appearance would also be helpful to see.  If the inframammary fold on the right side was signficantly higher to begin with or the skin of the lower pole of the breast was constricted this may be a contributing cause and important information for the next surgeon to have prior to any surgical revision.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Difficult to give you a cost for this procedure

Your right implant is definitely lower than the left. There is the appearance of an extra fold on the right. It may be that the right breast crease was initially higher on the right. To correct this problem you will need a capsulotomy type of procedure. When I see a patient who has had a problem my first piece of advice is to return to your original surgeon. He may be willing to correct the problem at a reduced cost. The cost for this type of repair will vary from area to area so an exact cost determination is not possible .

Total cost would be $9000 in Manhattan.

Hi!

Your right breast does need a revision breast augmentation.  I have no idea about fees in the UK, but in our Manhattan practice, it would cost you about $9000, including operating room charge and anesthesia.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Prices differ tremendously

I find that prices vary tremendously and that surgeon that are less comfortable with such procedures will charge much more. Assuming you just need an exchange of implants and release of scar tissue it would be common for everything, including Sientra silicone implants to cost around $8500

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Revision cost

implant revision complexity can vary significantly. A simple revision performed by the original surgeon can be 1000-1500. A complex revision by a new surgeon with ADM slings can run $12,000 or more. 

Compare Costs Very Carefully

Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! Check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

Assuming you are talking about a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience in breast revision, you need to find someone who you trust. This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results! Cost alone should not be the deciding factor.

The prices can vary from state to state, and from city to city. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, implants, labs, scar gel, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and every year after that forever, are around $8500. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well.