Possible for my Body to Push out Breast Implants?

It has been two years since I started thinking of getting breast implants. I used to have a belly button ring, and my body literally pushed it out within 3 months. I'm afraid that my body will do the same for breast implants. Do these two things have some kind of relation? Is it a sign not to get breast implants? Is there some kind of body examination that I can have for this?

Breast Augmentation

+3
I would say it is not likely related and unlikely to happen to your breast implants.  I do recommend that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your plastic surgery needs.
Make sure to ask a lot of questions.

Not likely to occur

+3

If you had an infection around your piercing this could have been the cause. You need to make sure that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in consultation and discuss your concerns. There are multiple layers of closure over your breast implant so exposure, although it can occur, is not very likely. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Unlikely for body to push out breast implants

+1

I have never seen a case in which a woman's body "pushed out" her breast implants. In the case of belly button rings, the tissue are more delicate and the area can get infected. What you describe happening there is not uncommon.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon