Breast Implants Too Big?

I had silicone under implants done 2 wks ago. I asked for a full B/small C and when I went in my surgeon & I agreed that 300-325 cc's was the right size for me & I agreed completely after doing lots of research. I am 5'7" & weigh 133. After surgery he said he had to go 375 to get the look I wanted. They seem way too big right now & I'm worried! I know there is still swelling but will they look smaller when they finally drop? They haven't dropped at all yet & are still very high, & hard & tight.

Larger breast size than expected.

+1

You are early and your breast shape will certainly change over the next 3 months.  Try not to fixated on implant volume rather focus in on shape and contour. I try to finalize breast implant size prior to surgery and not make changes in the operating room.  The Vectra 3 D imaging systems helps tremendously with the very problem. 

Implants too big?

+1

375 cc implants may look larger than they will long term at the two week point. Some swelling will contribute to the larger appearance.

Too Big

+1

I would say you should be patient at this point since it is relativley quite early in the healing process.  Early on there will be more superior breast fullness and swelling both of which will tend to make the breasts seem larger now than they will when healing is complete. I would be patient and follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.  For your own reference there is a relatively small difference in volume between the implant range you were interested in and the implant volume that was used.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Too Big after Breast Augmentation?

+1

As you can imagine, not knowing you or your goals sufficiently, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful advice and/or reassurance. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to do so.
 Having said that, it is not unusual for patients several weeks out of surgery to be concerned about their breast size ( one way or another).  Often, these same patients are very happy several months down the line. Therefore, I would suggest that you continue to be patient, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, and evaluate the end results of the surgery performed 3 to 6 months from now.
 Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast Implants Too Big?

+1

The changes that occur as the implants settle include less upper pole fill and more lower pole fill. It is quite subjective as to whether they look smaller as they drop--they certainly look different and better. 

Implants that are high riding typically take about 3 months or more to drop. Two weeks is too early to expect to see a final outcome. Continue to follow your surgeons advice regarding massage and any other modalities suggested. Patience.

All the best.