Breast Implants Too Big and in for Less Than a Month - Should I Remove Them?

I'm 20 years old and just recently got 450cc saline breast implants and started out with a small C cup, and I look huge now and have been in contact with my surgeon to get them at least downsized. But now I'm just considering getting them removed to avoid the complications of implants entirely. If I took them out, would my skin stretch back since it would be less than a month since I've got them in- and would my nipples also go back to being smaller like they were pre-op?

Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

At one month postop breast augmentation ( at the age of 20)  is very likely that your breasts  and areola will “bounce back” close to their preoperative status. 

I would suggest that you think long and hard about your choices so you don't end up having multiple breast procedures.

Implants too big; keep them or remove them

+1

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your implants. 450cc implants are fairly big in a small person.

Ultimately the decision to downsize or remove is yours.  I would probably suggest downsizing.  You were unhappy with your breast size prior to the operation, and presumably you will be so again if you remove them.  If you do remove them, your breasts will likely go back to the original size and shape over the course of a few weeks.  At 20 years old, you have the benefit of elastic skin that should retract to previous levels. There is s possibility that the skin will remain somewhat stretched, but I doubt it.

If you downsize, you will probably hit a happy medium, with better breast shape, but not huge, and also filling out your clothing. Your nipples will also come down in size too.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon