Breast Implants Asymmetry Likely to Be Permanent?

I recently had a Breast augmentation, but my left breast is significantly larger than my right. It has been 2 weeks post-op and my left breast remains larger. Will my left breast likely stay larger? If that is the case, should my surgeon revise?

Talk with your surgeon

+1

There shouldn't be a significant difference in the sizes of your breasts 2 weeks after surgery. Having said that, I don't know the specifics of your operation to include pre-exiisting asymmetry, etc. The best advice I can give you is to see your plastic surgeon and go over your concerns.

Dr Edwards

Breast Asymetry

+1

I usually point out the asymmetries preop so that there are no suprises postop for the patient. In general there is some asymmetry and now woman is perfectly symmetrical. When the implants are placed we always try to get the breasts closer than they were preop but not always achievable.

However, having said that, I would wait until you are about 4-6 months before you consider doing anything surgical. Continue massaging and wait for the implants to settle, often once they have settled they tend to even out. Just be patient.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD