Breast Implants and Lift. What Size For My Frame?

I'm 22 5'11 190pounds My doctor is putting 675 on one side and 420 on the other do to my breast being so uneven he is also doing a full lift on my larger side he wants saline so he can adjust the volume during surgery silicone would be harder he said do to me being so uneven...I want them to be some what natural looking and not to big 675 seen large even though im tall thick and 38inch chest so can someone please advise? my surgery is on sunday. i want natural even not to big or heavy !!!

Uneven breasts before augmentation

+1

you seem to have a significant asymetry but regardless, a 675 cc is too large as others said. i recommend that you get a couple of other opinions before deciding what size and shape is best for you. your surgeon porbably knows best but in this case which is not straigth forward, it doesnt hurt to hear other opinions from other qualified surgeons.

Nobody needs a 600+ cc implant for cosmetic indications

+1

While it's hard to generalize, there is almost no one who would benefit from an almost 700cc implant for cosmetic surgery. Most cases involving a lift generally use smaller implants then what is required for breast augmentation cases as you get into a lot of problems with larger devices combining with skin reduction like you do in a mastopexy.  Implants that size (>600 cc) are almost always limited to reconstructive surgery cases where there is no preexisting breast tissue. I would get another opinion

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

The implants are pretty large. Without an exam it is difficult for me to suggest what would be best for you. Good luck.

Breast Asymmetry

+1

Without seeing you it is impossible to answer your question. You must have significant volume asymmetry to warrant that much difference between implants.  Saline are adjustable and that can be helpful.  If you are getting a lift I would be certain  you are at  your target weight because if you lose weight after your surgery your breasts will tend to sag some.

Your size and asymmetry will make your operation difficult so make sure your expectations are consistent with the expected outcome.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for My Frame?

+1

As you can imagine it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.  It sounds like, based on your description, that you have significant breast asymmetry present;  realistic expectations will be very important given that absolute breast symmetry should not be expected.

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, the next step would be  to communicate your goals  carefully with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.