Getting Breast Implants and Inner/outer Thigh Liposuction Performed Together?

I'd really like to get both of these procedures. Will getting them together typically cut costs (I know that this will likely vary depending on surgeon) and how long (on average) should the recovery time be expected?

Implants and Liposuction

+1

Thanks for asking this very common question about having adjunct procedures such as liposuction with a breast augmentation.

There are a wide variety of procedures that can be performed both cosmetic as well as therapeutic that can be done with a breast augmentation.  In general, cases that do not involve the gastrointestinal, urinary, or reproductive tract usually are reasonable procedures to have at the same time as breast augmentation surgery.

Breast implants plus liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about having breast implants and thigh liposuction done together. 

• Yes, combining implants and liposuction often reduces your cost,
  • Surgery will take a few hours, risks are low,
  • This combination shouldn't increase your recovery time,
  • Medium sized implants under the muscle and liposuction hurt for 3 days,
  • About 1 week back to work, 4-6 weeks to aerobic exercise, Hope this helps! 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast augmentation and liposuction

+1

Certainly breast augmentation and liposuction can be performed at the same time provided that you are healthy.

Breast augmentation and liposuction

+1

Hello. These surgeries could absolutely be done together. I regularly do breast implants and liposuction together with no problem. As far as wound healing goes there are many factors that go into it which I cannot answer from this question alone. These factors include placement of the implant and areas liposuctioned. Talk to your surgeon for more details about your surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Liposuction and breast augmentation at the same time?

+1

Breast augmentation may be safely combined with other plastic surgical procedures.  A common combination is tummy tuck and augmentation, the typical "mommy-makeover".  Liposuction and breast augmentation is another common combination.

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Inner and Outer Thigh Liposuction

+1

The two can be performed together, and the second procedure is usually discounted.  Breast augmentation recovery is based upon size of implants, size of individual, submuscular vs subglandular placement, etc.  The liposuction is determined by the volume and number of areas.  I would take a week off of work.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to give more precise instructions after formulating a detailed plan.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Multiple surgeries

+1

In many cases the procedures you described can be performed safely together.  You may notice a small amount of savings by doing them together, but it may not be significant.  Cost for surgery is basically determined by time in the operating room. The recovery will vary based on the extent of the surgery, but a typical recovery would be about a week before returning to work.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Getting Breast Implants and Inner/outer Thigh Liposuction Performed Together

+1

It is quite common to combine breast augmentation with liposuction, and usually there is a cost reduction when compared to having separate procedures. Typically the savings will be in OR, anesthesia and surgeon fees. 

Adding the liposuction should not add any additional down time. 

Most of my patients can be back to non-exertional work in 3-4 days. 

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

+1

As long as you are healthy, there should be no reason not to do breasts and lipo together.  The costs are typically lower than having 2 separate surgeries.  Recovery will depend on how much lipo is being done, and for the breasts, if you are going behind the muscle.  Best to discuss with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Combined surgeries could cut your cost.

+1

Greetings,

• We do reduce the cost of a second procedure such as combining breast enlargements with liposuction.  
  • You should discuss both your separate and combined fees and recovery times with your plastic surgeon at the time of your consultation.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon