Breast Implants and Coolsculpting Risk?

Does cool sculpting harm breast implants if you do a treatment on the upper stomach area near your breasts? I'm thinking of doing a small area below but near the breasts (top part of rib cage) Will the freezing cause the implants to freeze and potentially weaken and rupture?

Coolsculpting and Breast Implants

+1

We have performed this treatment on many patients who have breast implants without a problem.  The applicator will not be directly on the breast implant so it shouldn't affect it.

Discuss your concerns with the treating doctor so that they can reassure you.

Best Wishes.

Coolsculptingis safe if you have breast implants

+1

A Coolsculpting applicator can be placed on the upper abdomen if you have breast implants as long as it does not one in contact with the implants.

Laurie Casas, MD

Coolsculpting and breast implants

+1
So as long as the implants are not in contact with or introduced to the applicator, there are no issues. We have performed Coolsculpting on patients with implants without a problem.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and breast implants

+1

No, I don't think that there is any chance of a problem. I perform Coolsculpting. Only a relatively small fold of skin is sucked into the hand piece. it sounds like you are trying to treat the fullness below the breast over your lower ribs. it works well for that area.Simply avoid the breast itself and you should be fine.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Risk of Breast Implant Rupture with CoolSculpting/Zeltiq

+1

While there are no studies specifically looking at this question, there is a theoretical risk of distorting the tissue or the breast implant.  The CoolSculpting/Zeltiq works by pulling the skin into the mechanism and freezing.  The pull is very strong so there is potential for affect on the implants.  However, without seeing you in person or seeing pictures, there really is no way to give you specific advice.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD