Are breast implants enough or would I also need a lift? (photo)

I'm 20 years old and not satisfied with the shape of my breast as it's a little saggy. My question is, if a breast augmentation on it's own would be sufficient in my case to make them stay up and make them look approximately like the result on the photo or would I also need a lift?

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1

If you want to achieve the results in the photograph given, you need a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM). Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique maintains nipple sensation, the ability to breast feed and does not require implantation.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift or implant

+1

The photo that you show as your ideal after look is not possible with your breasts. In the photo that you present the patient had very little breast tissue to start with and her "look" is a result of a breast implant augmentation.

A lift will center your nipple and areola in the center of you breast. However it will not look like the photo you present. Look at a lot of before and after breast lifts without implants.

Be sure to see the before and after photos of the Plastic Surgeon that you choose to do your surgery. Proper expectations will prevent postoperative dissapointment.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

It looks like you could benefit from a lift and augmentation. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Lift or implants alone

+1

As has already been said, advice to you can be simple: a lift will be required. Implants are unnecessary unless you desire larger breasts.

All the very best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

You will need a lift to achieve the kind of results you are aiming for. You may not actually need an implant unless you want to increase your breast size.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

A breast lift not breast augmentation is required to improve your sagging breasts.

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You will need a breast lift to achieve the shape that you wish in the photograph you submitted. Do not have breast implants alone as implants will most likely push your nipples down further and create an a natural look. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

Yes, you will need a breast lift. Implants alone will not do it. Of course if you do not want larger breasts then just a lift may be done. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

judging by the photograph you provided, you will need a mastopexy (breast lift). Implants alone can provide some "lifting" if there is mild sagging. However the position of your nipple and areola with respect to the fold underneath the breast is considered more than just a little sagging. And to give you the result you desire, a lift will be necessary.

Alberto Aviles, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Are breast implants enough or would I also need a lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. In order to achieve the results you are looking for, breast lifting will be necessary.

As you know, all forms of breast lifting involves some amount of skin excision. The skin excision serves to “tighten up” the breast skin envelope. How much skin needs to be removed will depend on each specific patient's situation. In other words, some patients require more “lifting” and have the need for additional incisions. Generally, these incisions range from around the areola, vertical breast incisions, and transverse incisions (“anchor”).

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do and the field of plastic surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.