Breast Implants After Breastfeeding. Do I Need a Lift too?

5"4 130 pounds, 3 children, and have been finished breastfeeding for 4 months. Planning on getting implants (I want around 400-550 cc) and wondering if I will need a lift or not?

Do I need a lift?

Looking at your photo, I would most likely suggest both an augmentation and a lift. By placing an implant, your surgeon will be able to create a nicely shaped breast mound.  Then, the lift will be able to reduce the diameter of your areola (so that they are more symmetric and proportionate), lift the position of your nipple, and shape/tighten the skin on your breasts to create a more youthful appearance.

I hope that helps!

Both Breast Implant Surgery and Breast Lift Are Recommended

Many women opt for a breast implant surgery WITH a breast lift after completing their families and breastfeeding. Congratulations on your choice. Your instinct is correct: a breast lift is advised. The implants will add volume and projection. I suggest you look at "teardrop" shaped silicone gel implants to help full the upper pole. The breast lift surgery removes excess skin and restores the nipple to the middle of your chest. As a sidebar, know that if additional children and breastfeeding are in your future, breast implant /lift surgery is not incompatible with those choices. Good luck to you. 

Breast Lift Better To Achieve Desirable Results

Judging from your photo, it does appear you will need a breast lift to achieve an aesthetically desirable result. This will eliminate the "pancake" look and and give your breasts more projection at a higher level by creating fullness in the upper portion.

Breast lift and implants

There are 2 problems with sagging breasts - the nipple position moves lower on the breast and you loose upper breast fullness (where it is fatter to your chest).  This would best be addressed with a breast lift to remove excess skin and move the nipple back up to the middle of your chest AND placing an implant to give you beautiful fullness up top and great cleavage.  You will love your new look!  Good luck!

Breast augmentation with a necessary lift.

You will benefit from implants and your result will be superior with a lift.  Your nipples need to be raised or else the breast will look saggy.

Not all women need a lift after they breast feed; however, from your picture you would benefit from a lift. Your breasts are too low to achieve a nice result without a lift. Using an implant alone will give you the "rock in a sock" look and you will not like it. These procedures can be done together if you are not a smoker.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Do I Need a Lift with My Implants?

Based on this photo, you will need a lift with your implants. If you just have implants placed it will result in a "Snoopy" deformity where your breasts will look like Snoopy's head in profile. This is because the breast tissue will remain low and the implant will be higher. You will need a lift to be able to lift the breast tissue up so it is centered over the implant.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Lift and implants

The combination of a lift and implants is necessary in the case of someone like you because without it, even though you could lift them in a bra you will not be happy with their overall appearance.

The size of your implants is considerable but that's a different matter.  Canadian augmentations overall aren't quite as large as what you've selected but that is simply a matter of taste.  Even with a lift you will present with a slight degree of asymmetry but it will be acceptable and your improvement will be great. 

Best of luck.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Implants and a lift

Based upon yoru picture, you definitely some sort of a breast lift with the augmentation procedure. Otherwise they will be too low.

Best implants after breast feeding – do I need a lift too?

As a consequence of three pregnancies and breast feeding you have developed second degree ptosis (droop) of your breasts and will certainly require a vertical mastopexy (lollipop) in conjunction with your augmentation. This will place the breast mound in the higher position - near your pectoral muscle - and at the same time your areola can be made smaller in size. Even with larger prostheses, with the amount of droop that has developed, you will still require a mastopexy.