Can I Get Breast Implants After Having a Breast Reduction? (photo)

I had a horrid experience with my breast reduction. Honestly, I dont think I did as much research as possible. The doctor came referred by an associate and he was willing to accept my insurance. I should have known better. Either way, the scarring is super embarassing and they are really droopy. I want fuller, round and perky breast. Can I expect these results by getting implants although I am currently a 38D? I had surgery in November 2011 & have been told to wait atleast a year.

Implants after a breast reduction is rare.

+2

Breast reductions have two main goals: decrease the overall size (and weight) of the breast, and improve the sagginess (ptosis). When I hear patients ask about implants after a reduction it is usually because the second goal of improving sagginess has not been adequately achieved. For these patients, my question is this, "When you wear a bra that lifts your breasts and supports you well, are you happy with size?" The answer is almost always "yes." What this means is that a revision of the reduction to improve nipple position, tighten the skin envelope, or shape the breast tissue is required (in other words, a breastlift). This does not mean adding an implant. If you are unhappy with your current plastic surgeon, why not seek a second opinion? Be sure you visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and particularly one who performs a lot of breast surgery.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants with a Breast Reduction?

+2

Sorry that your experience has not been a pleasant with results after breast reduction surgery. Your photo says a lot in regards to your issues with the shape of your breasts. The main issue from my perspective is not the volume of the breasts but the where it is on the chest. Implants are really only used to add volume and can help the shape if there is a lack of volume. My suggestion is that a reshaping of your volume with a skin excision or lift would be your best solution.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Breast Lift After Breast Reduction

+2

Based on this one photo, you should consider a breast lift (no breast tissue removed) using your existing scars. You are not a candidate for implants given the amount of sagging that you currently have. You need to get the breasts lifted and tightened and get a good shape up in the best position on your chest wall. Then you can evaluate if you really want back more volume..which I doubt will be necessary.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD