Is 350 Cc to 375cc Breast Implants Right for C Cup Result?

I am 32 years old, 5'4", and about 125 lbs. I used to be a full C until I lost weight. Now I am probably a B cup. I am considering the memory gel moderate profile breast implants. I have had consults from a few doctors and the general size to go was from 350-375cc's. I want to be a full C. Is that size about right for what I am looking for? I don't want to be to big. Thank you.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Choosing your breast implant size

+1

Communication with your surgeon is critical in achieving the results you wish. I find that this is best done with the use of pictures as opposed to trying to predetermine specific implant size or profile.

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant choice

+1

If you have a general idea of the size that you want and that was recommended, do a baggy test to check it out for approximate volume.

Choosing implant size should be done in person.

+1

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation.  Bring in your desired bra size and have your surgeon help you figure out how many CCs it will take to fill the bra.

Try sizes on in the bra you want to fill

+1

The final bra size depends on what you are now. Also a C cup from one company is not a C cup from another. Get a bra of the size you want to be and try different implants to see what is necessary to fill it. I would guess, though, that the sizes you are considering will end up doing a very good job.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Cup Size Depends on Amount of Your Own Tissue plus Implant Size

+1

So it's hard to tell without seeing you. But in general, a 350 - 400cc implant will fill most C-cup bras. Bras vary too, and I don't like going just by cup size when selecting implants for my patients.

Go buy a bra you like, and try it on along with a breast implant sizer (or you can do a "rice test" and weigh a baggie of rice). Put on a fitted T-shirt and you'll get a good idea of what that size implant will do for you. We do this in my office and have good success at getting patients the exact size they desire.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Breast implant sizes depends upon your dimensions

+1

Choosing the right breast implant takes experience, a physical exam and a discussion with the potential patient. 350-375 cc is a moderate implant size range that will probably enlarge about a cup to a cup and a half. Discuss this with your surgeon at pre-op.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon