Breast Implants with 34D Natural Breasts? (photo)

I am 23YOA with 34D natural breasts. I have fluctuated in weight several times which has left my breasts sagging. My nipples seems to point down and I do not like how the bottom of my breasts touches my upper rib cage. I am wondering if I would be suitable candidate for a breast augmentation? I do not want to get a breast lift as I prefer the results/look of an implant.

Breast Implants with 34D Natural Breasts?

+2

I agree with the previous posts.  An augmented breast will be a larger version of the breasts you already have; ie still sitting on your upper abdomen and nipples facing down.  You will get more upper pole fullness, and this may improve your overall look, but without a lift your nipples will still be low and breasts on top of ribs.  Best to be seen in person for a consultation.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants vs lift

+2

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the post and the question. An implant ALONE will NOT correct this problem. Every procedure has a purpose and you need to know what it can and cannot do. Implants will make you larger but not correct the sag or asymmetry. Only a lift can achieve that. You should seek an in person consultation with a board certified PS in your area to discuss this. Take a look at some pics of LIFTS alone and you will see that the results can be excellent and achieve what you are looking for. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

+2

The problem with just doing an augmentation is twofold.

• It will not correct the low nipples and areolas
  • Your own breast tissue, especially on the left, is likely to look as if it is hanging off the implant. 

Best approach would be a consultation with a plastic surgeon.RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast implants with natural breasts.

+1

You are young and you could use a breast lift to balance out some minor asymmetry.  Having said that I would not recommend surgery at all at this time because you are so young. I would wait a few more years and get a lift and have implants put in at that time.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

BREAST IMPLANTS FOR LARGE BREAST THAT SAG

+1

This is generally a bad idea creating breasts that look like larger sagging breasts. considor a reduction augmentation that will lift the breast and give more upper fullness

Breast lift technique that resembles breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your photos.

You do not need implants - you need a lift. Implants will only worsen your problem by stretching tissue even further. The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift does not require a vertical or infra-mammary incision. The only incisions you will have are around the areola. The same strapping technique that is utilized in the full UBL is used so that your breast tissue is lifted, reshaped and anchored permanently to prolong the lift. This is not a Benelli. A Benelli can only provide a limited lift. The Mini UBL can give you the upper pole fullness you see in breast augmentation surgery because it can move tissue in 4 different planes. A Benelli is only limited to one plane.

I encourage you to research it.

This is a great start.

Regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant alone instead of a lift

+1

An implant only restores volume. It does not lift he breast in any significant way.  Furthermore, your breasts will still sit a bit on your upper rib cage. That's how they were made to be for most larger breasted women.

#BreastImplants with Natural Breasts

+1

From your photos and description, what you need to achieve your goals is a lift with or without an implant. I don't think an implant alone will help you get to your ideal outcome, and what you want can only be produced through a breast lift. Implants will likely worsen this over time. If you are not willing to undergo a lift, then I would not recommend surgery fo you.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

NATURAL

+1

I personally do not recommend augmenting D cup breasts.  The added weight will make the breasts sag more over time and will not lift them off the rib cage. A small reduction/mastopexy would be more beneficial.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation alone will not meet your ideal you

+1

Unfortunately an implant alone will not 'fix' the discrepancy in the skin envelope and lift the breast enough to keep the breast skin from touching your rib cage. This would require a breast lift to change the skin envelope, with or without an implant. At 23, you should be very careful about breast scars from a lift. The natural 'you' really is not so bad.