I Had Breast Implants 10 Mnths Ago, There are Now 2 Dents Underneath my Nipple, What is This?

I m booked for a lift will this help?

Additional Information Added 1/20/12

I had a crease incision and noticed the dents before surgery, but were located directly beneath nipple, now are underneath. Worse when laying down.

10 months post-op from breast augmentation

+1

Without seeing your before and after pictures it is impossible to give you a recommendation.  I recommend either posting pictures or speak with your PS about these concerns.

Dents

+1

Impossible to say without a photo or without seeing you in person.  Since they were present before surgery, they were not caused by the surgery, but since you are planning a lift I believe this area may be treated by that procedure.

Thank you for your question

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dents after breast augmenation

+1

It is difficult to say what those dnets represent without seeing photos or examinng you in person.  If it is at a scar it maybe able to be revised.

Dents after breast augmentation

+1

If the incisions were peri-areolar then the dents are likely due to retraction of duct scars.  This can be very difficult to fix, but not if you are planning a formal mastopexy.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Scarring after implants

+1

Did you have the implants placed through a peri-areolar incision? It’s difficult to comment without more information. It sounds like the areola is being pulled in by scarring if it looks dented in. There are ways to improve this surgically. A lift would not automatically address this, but it can be corrected at the same time as your lift. Make sure you discuss this with your surgeon beforehand, so that he or she can not only correct it, but also use techniques to try to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Anita Patel, MD

Dents after breast augmentation

+1

Dear Kat, sorry you're having this problem.  We see this occasionally after a periareolar breast aug.  Without photos it makes it a little more difficult but certainly a lift, if thats what you need will correct the problem.  If you really don't need a lift then sometimes a simple scar revision will help, which can even be done under local.  Dicsuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck from Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Need photos

+1

Unfortunately without photos it is difficult to say that a lift would be of benefit to you.  PLease supply photos so that we can see where you are at this point.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon