Breast Implant Type and Size to Go from B to C Cup?

I am 5'2, 118 lbs, and 34B. I am getting breast augmentation in 6 weeks. My plastic surgeon said I don't need a mastopexy. I do have a drop of 19 on one side and 20 on the other. I want to be a full C. What size and breast implant type should I go with?

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Implant choices

+1

Choosing the right implants for you requires a good physical exam and a discussion of your goals. I can't guess without seeing you.

Reast Implant Type and Size to Go from B to C Cup

+1

I don't think it is that easy but you should consider trying on sizers so that you can provide adequate input in the decision making processs.  

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

1) Don't try to pick your breast implants. This is a technical decision that your surgeon should make based on your anatomy and on the look you want.

2) Your surgeon should use disposable implant SIZERS during your surgery to determine the best size.

3) On the breast augmentation page of my web site, you can find information about implant selection.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

One breast implant doesn't give the same cup size on each patient

+1

The best way I feel for you to know close to what to expect from augmentation surgery is to size with the

breast implants

in a sports bra. As to whether or not you need a lift, your

plastic surgeon

should be able to guide you here as well as implant size, style, or type. I wish you well.

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Size determination for breast augmentation

+1

I tell my patients not to focus on cup size. I have them try on implants of various sizes in a bra of appropriate size along with a clingy top. It is really the "look" that they are trying to achieve not the cup size and not the implant size. Cup size cannot be 100% predicted with breast augmentation for a variety of reasons so no matter how scientific you try to get with measurements you may not get the cup size that you wanted.

So go for the look not the cup size.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

This is a question you need to go over with your surgeon. While general statements can be made without an examination, choosing a specific type, style, and size of implant is a meticulous process that involves much collaboration and discussion. If this does not occur between you and your surgeon much before your date, go seek out someone else. There shouldn't be any surprises or uncertainties going into surgery since the implant that is chosen will impact your results and your relative risks.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Breast implant type and size

+1

You sound like the typical patient I see. If your dimensions are in centimeters, then it is unlikely that you would require a lift. Without looking at your breast tissue it is hard to estimate an implant size. However, I usually prefer either the moderate (Allergan) or moderate + (Mentor) implant for a primary augmentation. I prefer silicone gel implants beacuse I find they give a more natural feel with less wrinkling. In most patients either a saline or silicone gel implant will work fine.

Good Luck!

Michael Diaz, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon