Breast Implant Under the Muscle is Hurting and I Feel a Pop?

I have had gel implants under the muscle for almost 2 years. 4 months ago I felt a pop when bending over and now I feel a lot of discomfort and can still feel it pop when i press on it. My dr said I may have ruptured the capsule. That was 3 months ago. I went today for a mammogram and utrasound and they did not see anything unusual. I can not afford a MRI. Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong?

?Capsule issues or ruptured implant

+1

It is difficult tosay what the popping noice is without an exam. An MRI really is the way to go to determine if you have a rupture or not.  Good luck.

You may have a ruptured implant

+1

you may have ruptured the implant or may have torn the scar tissue around the implant. An MRI is the only way to tell what happened. If you are having breast pain and the mammogram didn't show anything, then insurance should cover the cost of an MRI in this situation. If you don't have insurance, you may need to pay out of pocket for it because it is important to get this for monitoring the implants and this is (or is supposed to be) told to you at the time of your surgery.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Implant pop

+1

MRI is the study of choice for diagnosis. It has the greatest accuracy for evaluating implant rupture as well as being the most sensitive radiologic test for breast cancer evaluation. Unfortunately, mammogram and ultrasound will provide no diagnostic evidence regarding the implant. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon