Will one breast implant on the left side be enough to fix my asymmetry? (photos)

I scar VERY badly, and so I cannot consider any type of life. Would I be able to have one silicone implant over the muscle through an armpit incision? Do you think that this will help to fix my asymmetry? I am 23 and this is very distressing for me

Will one breast implant on the left side be enough to fix my asymmetry?

+1
Hi Laura,
In your case I recommend that you give room for the surgeon to choose the size within a reasonable range that both of you will agree upon. Intra-operatively I will use a sizer to try to match your right breast as much as possible because breasts on average are never 100% symmetrical.

+1
Thank you very much for your message and your photograph. I think a small breast implant would certainly increase the symmetry between the two sides. This would make it easier for you to wear clothes and make the volume in both breasts similar.
A breast implant however will not correct your nipple position.
From your photograph your right nipple looks slightly lower and your areola (the brown area around the nipple) looks slightly wider. This will remain with an implant and you will have differences in shape and nipple position between your bust even though the volume may be more similar.
To achieve a full correction you would need a nipple lift on the right side and there are a number of different techniques for this. It is probably best to talk to your surgeon about the scarring they would prefer.
I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to go ahead with treatment.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

+1
    A breast implant to the smaller side will not help to improve the shape mismatch or the areolar position asymmetry.

One sided breast implant will not create symmetry with sagging opposite breast

+1
Unfortunately your right breast sags more than your left smaller breast.  Simply placing an implant in the left breast will not create the natural fall or sagging of that breast so you'll be left with a larger higher breast on the left side.  If you cannot tolerate a lift on the right side will be very difficult to achieve symmetry.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1
Why do you feel you scar badly  There are new products like Embrace that are scientifically shown to improve scarring.  Also having a silicone device placed to through the armpit has less control compared than one placed through the fold from below.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS