Will a Third Breast Implant Surgery Ruin my Breasts?

I got saline 350 ccs about 9 months ago. They were too big so I got silicone 250 ccs. I still feel they are too big and i am beginning to think i liked my normal breasts better. If I had a 2nd revision through the aerola again to put in perse 100-150ccs would that be ok or will i have a lot higher chance of scar tissue and my scars being really noticable?

I just feel like id rather be happy with my breasts. But do people ever do this? or has my breast stretched out too much?

First figure out what you want

+2

The first thing you need to figure out is what you really want. If you are still unsure, now is not the time to jump into a third surgery. Changing implants is not like trying on clothes.  Each surgery will entail a healing process and scarring. Your scar may or may not look any visibly worse than what you already have. Your skin will shrink to some degree when you downsize implants, but whether or not you need a lift at the same time depends on your skin quality and how much ptosis (or drooping) you have currently. I cannot stress enough you should get clear on what size you like before surgery (ideally before your first surgery). Have an honest discussion with your plastic surgeon of what you are looking for and why. I agree you should be happy with your breasts, but that happiness may have nothing to do with implants.

Revision breast augmentation

+1

How far apart were your two breast surgeries? Did you have two surgeries within a 9 month time period?  If so, I would advise against a third surgery without waiting at least 6-12 months because you breasts may still have residual swelling from your two prior breast surgeries and therefore may continue to decrease in size as the swelling subsides. Also, make sure you are getting proper sizing advice prior to another surgery. Decreasing to a 100-150cc size breast implant may also decrease the base diameter of the implants to something that will not look appropriate on your chest. Lastly, I commonly replace breast implants with fat grafting if a patient desires to remove her breast implants all together which can greatly help to restore your natural pre-operative breast architecture .

Gary Motykie, MD

Breast Revision Third time

+1

You did not state your age, but each surgery will create more scar tissue. You should be fairly sure of your decision at this point.  Take you time and think of what you want term.  Have you had kids yet?  Revision is often required .afterward

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Breast implant revision

+1

One of the toughest things in breast implant surgery is determining how the patient will handle having the size implants she says she wants. Many women find they adjust well to having implants after some time, but it always takes some adjustment. Every re-operation increases the risk of scarring and infection (among other things), so consider it carefully. On the other hand the longer the implants are in the more the skin will remain stretched, making more work to achieve a good result if the implant size is changed.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Third breast surery

+1

Multiple surgerires on the breasts may not be the best idea.  Each time back increases the risks.  This should be discussed with your surgeon.

Third breast implant surgery needs very careful consideration

+1
Each surgery changes the breast and with every reoperation the risk of complications increases no matter how good the surgeon is. The implants you have now are on the small side, but removing them may still require some sort of breast lift. My advice is give it more time, even another year.

Richard Baxter, MD

You will be fine

+1
I have done alot of implant removal for the patients that do not won't implants or had complications. Just removing the implants would be one option and for some patients I have removed implants and did fat grafting. You can check my web site under fat grafting for examples.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Third breast augmentation after nine months

+1

The short answer is no, your breast will not be irreparably scared or ruined if you have a second breast revision within nine months of your augmentation. The key to your worry is that you might feel better with your natural breast. People do have have issues such as yours, and often it is because breast augmentation was not for them in the first place. You should focus on your goals and the look you want. Other's suggestions can be distracting and get you into something that is not really for you. But foremost, you must know what you want.

peterejohnsonmd