Bottoming out 10 Weeks After Breast Augmentation?

I had breast implant surgery around 10 weeks ago, I believe they are begining to bottom out!? with a shirt and bra on they look fantastic, shape is good. But without my nipples are extremely high do not stay in any bras and I have to wear nipple covers because they pop out. On the left side there has always been a very faint line around the bottom curve looks like the implant fallen??

Bottoming out implants?

+1
Thank you for your question and pictures. I do not think your implants are "bottoming out" It looks like they are too large and placed too low from the onset. This is usually the result of over dissection of the implant pocket and using implants that are too large for a patients frame. Bottoming out, refers to the process of the implant gradually stretching out the lower pole of the breast over time, and resulting in a picture similar to yours. However , this does not happen in ten weeks! You should see your surgeon and discuss your concerns. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out when implants are in a sub pectoral position can be easily fixed by moving them to sub glandular

+1

If the implants or in a sub muscular position it is possible that the vector of force created by engagement of the pectoralis muscle can create bottoming out. In this situation a simple fix is to move the implants to a sub glandular position.

Bottoming out of a breast implant

+1

There is no question that your implants have bottomed out.  This occurs due to lack of support of the breast implant.  There are many causes including over dissection of the pocket and violation of the inframammary crease, heavy implants can also cause the implant to descend.  As the implant drops it causes the nipple to point up.  To correct this problem you will need an inferior capsulopexy and resetting of the inframammary crease with several fold sutures.  

Your Implants Suggest That Your Breasts Have Bottomed-Out Following Breast Augmentation

+1

Review of your photographs; strongly suggest that your breasts are bottoming out following your breast augmentation. This problem appears to be worse on your left side than your right side. When this phenomenon occurs, corrective surgery is usually required to fix the problem.

There are several possible causes of this problem. Occasionally, over dissection of the inferior pocket may contribute to inferior migration of the implants. In most cases, wound healing biology is a significant factor. In some patients, inadequate capsule formation can result in lack of support of the implant. Over the course of time, the weight of the implants can result in stretching of the pocket and inferior displacement.

When this occurs, it’s necessary to perform a capsulorrhaphy to correct the problem. This involves raising the height of the inframammory fold and the breast pocket. Timing of the procedure is critical. It’s important to allow time for the capsule to mature. This increases the potential for success of the procedure.

In the interum, the use of a support bra with an underwire will minimize further inferior migration. It’s important that you see your plastic surgeon for his recommendations. Although this problem occasionally occurs with breast augmentation, it fortunately can be fixed.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation

+1

Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation 
Yes you appear to be bottoming out. Therefore the appropriate treatment would be to reconstruct your inframammary crease in its original position (for example using an internal Ryan procedure). . Also helpful would be textured implants and placing them in a submuscular pocket to minimize re-bottoming out in my experience

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Bottoming out 10 Weeks After Breast Augmentation

+1

From the photograph it does indeed look like you have bottomed out.   I would see my plastic surgeon to see what could be done.  It may be a good idea to wait 6 months before reevaluation and a decision to operate is made.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Implants appear to have bottomed out (photo/pics)

+1

It appears that your implants have bottomed out. This will likely require revision) in order to achieve a long term solution. I would discuss the timing of the surgery with your surgeon who may have a diffferent recommendation

Implants settling too far

+1

It does appear by the position of your nipple in relation to the distance from your nipple to the fold under the breast. I would continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to see what may need to be done. Many times we like to wait at least 3-6 months or more before a revision surgery is attempted to make sure there is tissue to sew to for the repair.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS