Breast Implants Too Small or Did I Need a Lift?

Nursed 3 kids & went to a large D cup. Became a saggy 36B. I had breast aug 10/09 with 325 saline implants filled to 335 & 345. Is it possible to have put too small of implants not completely filling my current breasts? Dr said I didn't need a lift. I just think they don't look completely filled?

Saggy breasts need a lift

+2

If you mean by "saggy" that the nipple and areola were lower than normal, you indeed needed a lift, not just the implants.  Implants don't give you any significant lift, only lifts do that.  A picture here would be very valuable. 

Breast implant fill for empty breasts

+2

This is a great question, but for a real answer you need to be examined.  After having children the skin "envelope" does tend to be empty, and it requires a certain amount of fill to make the breast look full again.  Sometimes a lift is required in addition to this, and sometimes not, but this depends upon your tissues and your individual examination.  I suggest asking your surgeon this specific question about the fill of your breasts, and if you don't get an answer that makes sense to you, get another opinion.  Good luck and best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

A breast lift is sometimes needed to correct saggy breasts

+2

An implant will fill out some of the sagging breast envelope, but it really won't provide much of a lift for the nipple/areola. If you have loose breast tissues despite your implant, you might have needed a breast lift to begin with.

A bigger implant will fill out your sagging breast envelope, but there are issues/problems with larger implants (400 cc range on up). I don't have photos to review, but if you are happy with your breast VOLUME, and see sagging skin, approach your plastic surgeon about doing a breast lift. Your an ideal candidate for one, since you have already had an augmentation- staging the two procedures (aug first, then pexy) really optimizes mastopexy results (in my opinion, others may disagree)

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breasts and lifts

+1

If you have sagging breasts and needed a lift before the implants were placed, most likely you would also need a lift after the implants were placed.

A personal exam is necessary to determine if a lift is needed.

+1

It is hard to tell without an examination or at least some photos.  You can always go and get a second opinion to make sure you will not benefit from a lift. 

Breast lift and moderate size breast implants probably best combination.

+1

Hi.

Of course, hard to be sure without examining you, but in our experience women with your story do best with breast lift (scar only around the nipples) and breast implants. Now you can probably leave implants alone and just do lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Lift after Breast Augmentation

+1

It is difficult to answer this question without assessing your breast before and after surgery. The most likely scenario is that you likely needed or now need a lift to reposition the nipple in a more natural appearing position.

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Empty breasts are common after breast feeding.

+1

It all depends on what your skin envelope looked like before the surgery. However, it is not possible to give a realistic opinion without seeing both your before and your after photos.  Please post if you are comfortable with that suggestion.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Would be easier to provide advice with a photo

+1

It will be easier to give you advice of you were able to include a photo or two without your face showing for your privacy.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS