Breast Implant Sizing ... (photo)

I'm a small B right now and I want to be a full C/small D. I chose a 300 cc saline implant at the consultation (the dr. said he will get a 325 cc implant and fill to 350 cc). But now I'm thinking this will be too small and thinking about going to about 375-385. Should I stay with what I have or go up? I'm worried if I go too much larger I will have trouble working out... A what point in breast implant size does it play a big role in high impact exercises like zumba/running?

Implant Selection Process

+1

I would share your concerns with your surgeon.   An increase of 25-35 cc should not substantially change your activity level or overall shape.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Patients generally wish they been a bit bigger a year after breast augmentation.

+1

In my practice patients in your situation would be advised to go to the larger implants. In my experience the vast majority of women wish they gone a little bit bigger after they've accommodated the new breast size.

Smallest implant is best long term

+1

Unfortunately, you have not give us your bra size just your cup size.  If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To go from a small B to a small D would require 2 cup size increase.  From this, you can compute the volume needed to achieve your desired goal.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses the implant.  I always recommend the smallest implant possible to achieve the desired goal.  The larger the implant the more it will displace inferiorly and laterally, particularly if you are exercising.  I cannot tell from the photographs whether a lift would be helpful to you.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will procide the projection you desire with a smaller implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What implant size should I pick?

+1

Typically, 200cc's is about a cup size so your surgeon seems on the right track about implant size.  If you are considering going to 375/385cc's, that's not a big difference in size as a 25cc difference between implants is about 5 teaspoons in our mind.  It's difficult to say which implant to choose because only a physical exam and trying them on would be the best way to determine that.  Consider visiting your surgeon again and trying on implants with a fitted top so you can get a better idea of the size you want to achieve. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and exercise

+1

The sizes that you're considering probably won't make too much difference on your exercising.  However, if you like to lift weights you might want to consider going over the muscle so that the implants don't move when you flex your pec muscles.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Implant size

+1

20-30 cc fluid differences is not a lot and you can easily check with a "baggy test."   Choosing the righ implant for you would require an exam in person.  Good luck.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Ahhhh the age old question, which size to choose? You didn't mention height, weight etc...The best thing is to try on implant sizers and simply look in the mirror to see what you like and don't like. Additionally, I do VECTRA 3D imaging in my office to help with sizing process...perhaps your surgeon offers that as well. I always caution about going too large because you want them to look good for years to come and implants don't defy gravity. Talk to your PS again...Good Luck!

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

That is a very personal decision but posted photo are not helpful if wearing a bra! My GUESS is 400 cc+/-. 

What implant size?

+1

Kara,

The key is going o to match the volume need to fill the cup size yuo desire.  Try filling socks with rice and get idea of what volume is needed to fill the bra cup yuo desire.

Once you have the volume, the surgeon can match the dimensions of the implant and select the best shape and style.

This does need to be discussed with the surgeon and planned before the surgery

I hope that is of some help

Jeremy Hunt     

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Picking an implant size

+1

If there is any doubt about the size for an implant it the question you want to ask is: if a mistake in implant size is made how do you want it made, too big or too small.   I almost never have a woman tell me to err on the small size.  Currently we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  In use over 1 year I have not had one patient not satisfied with their size.  It is a great educational tool and reduces pre-op anxiety.