Breast Implant Sizing is 400cc Too Big for 5'2" 120 Pounds?

32 years old 5'2" 120 lbs. Pre-kids about a 34B, but went up to a 36D nursing. lost 10 pounds recently. Boobs are small & deflated. Went in for a consult & dr. says I do not need a lift now. With my measurements he suggested 375cc as my starting point to achieve fullness and said he'd go no higher than 600cc. I decided 400cc. Surgery Nov 1st. Now, I'm worried it will be too big. Is there anyone who has went to 400cc with my build & breast history out there who can help? Very nervous. Thanks!

Breast enlargement sizes

+2

In my opinion more important than your height and weight is the condition of your breast, exisitng diameter of your breast, amount of lift required, placement of implant (pre or post muscle) and your expecation in terms of appearence.

Just ensure that all these have been considered.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

If you liked your 36D size, chances are 400 cc will not be too big for you.

+2

If you liked your D-cup size during pregnancy that is a good sign you will like having large breasts again.  No, I have plenty of patients your height that are very happy with their 400 cc implants.  You might want to look at some other patients with your build on my website.  I find that is the best way to get a handle on what size would be best for you.  If you find a woman with similar breasts and like the result with 400 cc implants, chances are you will too (check patient T.C.).  Probably you are worrying too much!  If you said you were considering 600 cc implants, that might be something to consider carefully.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-augmentation/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implant size, Nursing, Small boobs, Deflated boobs

+2

I am sure that you can find many images of women on the web with similar before breasts who have augmented with 400 cc implants.

These are not an uncommon size assuming that you want to be close to your nursing size.

The fact that your skin has probably stretched should allow for a more natural result.

The smaller the implant the more natural your result will be as well as the less issues you will have over the years.

375-400 is the smallest detectable size change which will not likely make a difference in the long run.

Anxiety about Breast Implant Size before Breast Augmentation?

+2

Believe it or not, there is no other woman on the planet with the exact body type, exact history, and the exact goals as yours.  Therefore, it is not possible to compare yourself with anyone else's experience when it comes to this procedure. I think you will be much better off spending additional time with your plastic surgeon; this additional time spent communicating should do much to help alleviate your anxiety.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “fullness” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

400 cc Implant Too Big

+1

A 400 cc implant may not be too big for you.  If your chest wall can accommodate this, then this may work for you.  As a reference, a 350 cc implant is the average size implant placed in this country.

Implant sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

One good way to assure that you like that implant size is to try it on in a bra in the office. That way you will see the implant with your height and frame. In my office, I like to use 3 dimensional images of each patient. We can super impose the implant size to get a better idea and see that you are comfortable with the size you choose.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

400cc too big?

+1

Hi, it's perfectly normal to be nervous or second guess your decisions, especially as you get closer to the surgery date. Based on your description, I think 400cc should achieve a nice, full and natural shape. Most women who had deflated breast after pregnancy had enough skin to accommodate a larger implant. The amount of breast tissues that you have will dictate how much coverage you can get so the implant is not so "obvious". Placement under the muscle will help some, especially at upper pole. If your surgeon is an experience board certified plastic surgeon and you had a thorough consultation and evaluation, then you have to trust that physician will achieve the enhancement that match your expectation.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

400cc too big?

+1

It is impossible to tell without photos or an exam. Simple height and weight does not give the full picture. From your description 400cc might be ok. But it also depends on what kinf of lift and how "tight/perky" you want your breasts. Lifts and enlargement work opposite so you need to have one be the priority. Then your doctor can better guide you. I would bet that 600cc is too big.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Implant Size

+1

This Is one of the most difficult and personal questions one has when having  breast augmentation.What one person says is too big another says is too small.I utilize both computer imaging and a sizing system to help patients understand what different volumes will translate for them. Even using  both of these modalities there are patients who wished they had gone to a different size usually larger.

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentationchicago.com