5'0", 108lb, B Cup - 275cc Too Big?

I am 5'0 and weigh 108 I am a small B cup and getting 275cc is that too big?

Implant Selection Process

+1

What is your desired size/look?  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Sizing

+1

275cc is a fairly conservative implant size.  There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Sizing of breast implants

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Picking the right implant for you.

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Is a 275cc implant too big for a 5 foot 108 lb. woman who is a B cup?

+1

At your size and weight, 275cc may not be too big. Nevertheless, there are many factors that will help you decide on the best implant for you and you should "try them on" prior to surgery. The profile of the implant, whether it is high or moderately projecting, would also be an important consideration.

Finally, silicone implants will probably give you the better result as compared to saline particularly with you probably not having very thick skin on the outer aspect of your breasts.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Choosing implant size should be determined on which you feel the best in.

+1

275 ccs are not large implants. Instead of focusing on the number of cc's, try on different sizers and see which look great to you.  You may be suprised which ones you choose!

275 cc Breast Implants

+1
You have a snmall frame, but 275 cc's is not necesarrily too big. The size of your fame, the size of your breasts cureently, and your gae that are all factors that will play a role.
I often have women asking for very conservative breast augmentation and after use 200cc breast implnts or sizes close to that. You plastic surgeon should be able to help you with your decision.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

The size you mention does not sound too big.  What you need to identify is the look that you are going for.  Is it a natural or an augmented look.  That will determine if it's too big or not.  Overall, it doesn't sound too big for your tissues but it may not be your taste.  That would make them too big.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Too big?

+1

It all depends upon what you are trying to achieve. An exam and discussion of your goals is key during the consultation.