What Breast Implant Size is Better for Me? (photo)

Hello, I am 5'1, 88 lbs, and I have a petite frame. My BWD is 11cm. My current bra size is 32 A and I want to be a full B or small C cup. I don´t want to look fake. Maybe an image would say more than words, this is the look I want. Something that would look natural and not too big. What size of silicone breast implants is best for me? Thanks

Choosing the right implant

+2

Choosing the best implants for you really requires an exam to evaluate your goals and determine based upon your anatomy the best implant for you.

Cup size

+2

When you go see the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you select it is a good idea to look at pictures to make sure you agree with what size breast that you are wanting.  As you may be aware bra manufacturers do not seem to be able to agree what a B, C or D cup actually is as it varies among them.  Once you have decided on the look that you are wanting your surgeon should be able to estimate the correct size and style of implant best for you.  I say estimate because I find the only accurate way to select the exact implant is when I use a temporary sizer in the operating room.

As a guess from the information given I would estimate a 300cc moderate profile implant.  But do not put much value on that until you have had an examination.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Beast Breast Implant Size for Me?

+2

Since you are petite and want to be between a full B and small C cup, an implant between 200 and 300 cc would be a good place to start. However, the only way to determine the best implant size is to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon. After an examination, a recommendation may be made (which may be different than the sizes above). However, there is no guarantee of final cup size.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size/Profile?

+2

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size. 

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Choosing your best implant size

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS