Breast implant size and tanning? (Photo)

21 years old 5 ft 5 125 lb size 2 . I will be getting implants in April in Miami! :) I am about a 32 or 34 b bra I really want to achieve nice round chest the look of closer together cleavage not a whole lot of projection What incision and implant would suit me? I will be bringing my son to disney about 5 or 6 days later will I be able to walk this? I bruise easily and have very sensitive skin and bleed on the easier side due to Blood press BUT not anemic .Great pain tolerance quick healer TY!

Breast Implants and Tanning

+1
To determine a suitable incision placement and implant type, a physical examination would be required. You appear to have a good natural breast contour, so this would be fairly simple to do.

At under a week after your surgery, you probably won't be in the best of shape to walk around Disney World. You may feel tired and uncomfortable, which means you probably won't have good energy to make the outing a special one. In addition, your recovery rate may be compromised by your tendency to bruise easily, as you mentioned. I would recommend waiting until at least three weeks.  Also, if you are planning to be out in the sun all day, please make sure to cover up your incisions from direct sun exposure. Tanning tends to make scarring much more visible, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen!

Disney after breast augmentation surgery

+1
As a father, I know how important trips to Disney are for families.  This is a special event and you want to feel your best.  Give yourself at least ten days after surgery for a big event. You probably will be feeling very good at five days, but it is always wise to give yourself extra time. 

Breast implant placement with the trans-axillary approach could be a good option for you.  In order to communicate the look of the result you are hoping to achieve, take a look at before and after photos on your plastic surgeons website of patients with a similar starting point and result that is pleasing to you.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Sun and fun

+1
Dear Clvic,
These are questions that are best asked to your American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon.  He/she will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each incision and each implant type with you.  They can also discuss the feasibility of going to Disney World 5 days after surgery.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast Augmentation and Disneyworld

+1
Thank you for your question. Size is a personal choice. I ask my patients to find pictures of models with and without clothing who have the proportion that they wish to achieve. That is, how does the breast size fit in with the body frame. (Cup size is not scientific. It will vary from bra company to bra company.)

There is a danger in over-stretching the skin, since this could lead to irreversible bottoming out of the implant. A lesser degree of over-stretching would give one an unnatural look. Your surgeon would be able to advise you as to whether the size you choose is within the safe and natural range for your body and tissue.

Please make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified and has experience doing many breast augmentations.

As to the Disneyworld trip, I do my operations endoscopically with an axillary (armpit) incision. The discomfort is less, but I still ask my patients to avoid vigorous and heavy activity for at least four weeks after surgery. Walking around Disneyworld at six days post surgery would be fine as long as you planned on resting times. You'll need a portion of your daily energy to go to healing especially during the first few weeks. Plan at going at "60% activity level" the first two weeks. 

William McClure, MD

Breast implant size and tanning?

+1
Chosing size is a very personal decision between you and your chosen surgeon. As for going sight seeing within a week of surgery THAT has me VERY concerned. I think you need to re think this../// 

Breast implant size and tanning?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key. Although it is likely that you will be able to walk Disneyland 5 to 6 days after surgery, participating in rides etc. will probably not be a good idea.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.