5'3, 110lbs, 34a. Decided on 350cc High Profile Mentor Gel Implants. Will These Make My Breasts Look Unnatural?

Hi I'm 5'3", 110lbs, and a 34a cup. I spoke to My surgeon and we went for a 350cc high profile mentor gel implants. I just wanted to know if high profile implants wouldake my breasts look too unnatural and weather 350 is a good implant size for me?

Implant size for breast augmentation

+2

While there are many approaches to deciding which size implant to use for breast augmentation the single most reliable method is to use a trial of temporary sizers in the operating room.  Once I understand my patient's goals I have an idea of which implant to use. In the operating room I keep a complete set of temporary trial implants that can be inserted at the time of surgery as a test.  Using this method I can determine exactly which implants to use based on the appearance of the temporary sizers.

Implant base diameter, the fit between your skin envelope and the total breast volume, and the proportionality of your figure overall are determinants of the  final aesthetically pleasing result.

How to pick the right implant

+2

From your description a 350 cc HP implant may have the correct dimensions for your particular anatomy.  A HP implant will make your breasts a little more rounded than a moderate profile implant.  Gel implants are underfilled and tend not be give as much superior roundness as a similar saline filled implant.  

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “unnatural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup sizes vary depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary sizers.

Sizing for your augmentation

+1

The right size for you and your body frame depends on your anatomy and your cosmetic goals. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Volume, implant width, and breast dynamics.

+1

Your plastic surgeon has measured your breast dimensions prior to suggesting a range of implants which will fit your breast. The volume chosen often dictates the projection of the implants. For petite women with small breast dimensions, high profile implants are often necessary if a larger volume is chosen to keep the implant within the borders of the breast. In our office, we perform the measurements first, bracket a range of implants which fit within the breast, then use the Mentor sizing system (a series of external bra implants which given a very realistic impression of an augmentation) to choose the volume that the patient is looking for. This leads to a very high satisfaction rate for our patients.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon