Infection After Breast Implants and Lift

I Had Breast Implant (Silicone) and Lifting and I Have Infection. What Do I Do?

Infection after breats augmentation

+1
Clearly, there is wound breakdown. The first thing you need to do is to contact your plastic surgeon because diagnosis cannot be made by looking a photographs as opposed to examining the breasts, doing a wound culture, etc. The internet is a wonderful resource for gathering information but it is not a substitute for timely medical treatment. Call your doctor asap!!

Key issue: deep or superficial infection with wound breakdown.

+1

The problem is getting an accurate diagnosis. It looks more as if you have a wound breakdown rather than a true infection. The difference is key. A true deep tissue and implant infection will probably require implant removal whereas a wound breakdown simplyh is treated with wound care.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Infection after breast augmentation

+1

You need to followup with your plastic surgeon for treatment. The treatment for an infection varies depending on the degree of infection, the involvement of the implant, and the status of the incisions. This treatment involves antibiotics and may require an operation to remove the implants. From your photos, it is unclear whether there is an infection or whether the incisions themselves are simply having difficulty healing. To reiterate, you need to see your plastic surgeon!

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Infection After Breast Implants and Lift?

+1

I would advise you to see the board certified Plastic Surgeon who performed your surgery so he can make an assessment whether or not you have an infection and he can render the proper treatment for you. In general, superficial infections may be treated with local wound care and antibiotics. Deeper infection may require temporary removal of your implants. Good luck.

Implants and infection

+1

I agree with everyone else. Only a trained eye can tell what this is and how best to treat it. You need to call your surgeon immediately. Some infections can be treated with oral antibiotics, some require inpatient intravenous antibiotics and sometimes, unfortunately, the implant needs to be removed so the infection can be treated. About 6 mos later, the implant can be replaced.

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and infection

+1

If you infection is just localized to where the cut is, then it can probably be treated with antibiotics. However, if you have redness throughout your breasts, they may have to be temporarily removed. I would definitely see you plastic surgeon that is certifierd by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Infection following breast augmentation

+1

I'm sorry about this problem.  Based on the picture you provided, this may or may not represent an infection.  The areas affected are common regions for wound breakdown.  This is due to tension on the wound.  This tension is due both to skin tightening from the lift and also due to the weight of the implant.  If the area is yellow, this is either fibrinous exudate (a material in wounds that is associated with healing), or pus (infection).  If it is merely wound breakdown, this is an inconvenience.  But it will heal with time.  If unfavorable scars result, then they can be revised in the office under local anesthesia.  The pic looks more like wound healing issues rather than an infection, but an exam in person would be necessary to determine this.  Keep close follow up with your doctor.  He/she will be able to determine what the underlying problem is.  Don't be intimidated to express your concerns with your doctor.  I hope the advice helps, and good luck. 

Infections are not common after breast surgeries.

+1

Infections are not common after breast surgeries. The first thing to do is to contact your doctor so that you can be seen and evaluated.  Based upon their exam you may be prescribed antibiotics.

Other issues that can sometimes mimic an infection include:

1)normal healing -- it is normal for the incisions to become pink and red 2-3 weeks after surgery

2)wound healing problems -- you can develop scabs and open wounds which may become red but are not actually infected

3)rash, irritation, or allergy to the bra, tape or any other material coming in contact with your skin.

Bottom line, you need to see your doctor.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast agumentation, Mastopexy, Complications

+1

Certainly you should be seen and examined by your surgeon.  Everyone wants you to be taken care of properly by your doctor.  That is who you should contact first.

Worried that you may have an infection?

+1

The internet is not the place you should be asking this question!  I hope you got in touch with your surgeon (and I hope it's a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery).  You need a personal evaluation and treatment.  Good luck!