Breast Implant Rotation

It seams both my left and right are rotating,iv had anatomic implants.My sergeon says i might have to have round ones,but will i have to pay for this? i have emailed to ask but had no reply.

Problem with anatomic shaped implants

+2

That is a known risk of having anatomic (or tear drop shaped) implants-They can rotate. If round implants rotate it does not affect the shape. When a shaped anatomic implant rotates, the breast  becomes distorted. It’s hard to get a good sense of what is going on from  your photos. If it’s simply a rotation issue, they could be repositioned (and pockets altered as needed) or you could switch to round implants. Each surgeon has different policies on the cost of revisional procedures. Some will waive a surgeons fee, and charge only the cost of implants, OR, and anesthesia. One place to look is your preoperative paperwork. Usually the policies will be stated in your paperwork.  I would definitely discuss your concerns with your surgeon and/or his or her staff. If email did not get a response, you should call the office. Good luck!

Teardrop shaped implants

+2

I never like the tear drop shaped implants for the texture and the orientation issues. Flipping can happen as you are experiencing.  As for the cost, you should talk to your surgeon.

Implant rotation

+1

That is common when the texturing of the implant does not attach itself to the tissues. Replacing it with a new set of implants that are non-anatomical is certainly the best option, but what the costs will be will need to be worked out with your surgeon.

Rotating implants

+1

Anatomicals were popular until they were found to frequently rotate in the pocket.  The revision to round will help but costs will need to be determined with your surgeon.  I would expect that you would need to pay at least for new implants and equipment costs, maybe mor depending on how long ago the surgery was done.

Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery and Costs?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, there is no way that online consultants can give you an accurate prediction of what your plastic surgeon's policy is  regarding breast  revisionary surgery.  You may have to follow-up your e-mail with a phone call to make sure they are aware of your question.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastRevision.htm