Breast Implant Revision Surgery, Uneven Result 3 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I had a breast implant revision 3 weeks ago after my first surgery left me with an under-disected pocket on the right side. I also went up from 325cc to 400cc mentor moderate profile silicone implants under the muscle. My breasts are uneven again except this time the right breast is the one sitting lower. It is also a different shape, much rounder. Is it possible it is taking longer to settle than the left? I also worry about the incisions. Please help as I can't go back to my surgeon.

Breast Implant Revision after 3 Weeks

+1

At 3 weeks, the results are appropriate, and I see minimal unevenness.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision results

+1

Your revision results look pretty good, I would not do anything else at this point. Good luck.

Breast Implant Revision Surgery, Uneven Result 3 Weeks Post Op?

+1

I think and see a very minimal difference that I would assume was present pre operatively. To me your result is very very good. Any further surgery might be a too high risk level. Best of luck. 

Too early to tell

+1

Hi

thanks for the post. I understand your concerns. I would agree with the other PS here: you have a very mild sign of a double bubble on the right. However, at only 3 weeks, it's too early to tell. I would let your PS know and see what recommendations he/she has. 

Typically, at this early stage, I have patients doing breast massage daily on both breasts. I like them to continue this for at least 3 months. 

what type of bra are you using? sometimes, a tight support bra will help prevent the implant from dropping too low. This is important in the early healing process ( now for you) . But ask your PS if that is what they recommend. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Result

+1

I can't quite see enough from just these photos--45 degree views would help, as would pre op photos. 

There is a hint of a double bubble on the right, with a visible crease that may represent the original breast fold. 

Three weeks is a bit early to be concerned about shape after a revision and size increase as it may take 3 or more months for the implants to settle, and it may well be that any differences today will no longer be present. If these looked even to your surgeon at the end of the surgery, chances are they will look even after the implants settle. 

Your surgeon should be a better resource than surgeons looking at photos on line.