Can a Breast Implant Revision Help with Odd Looking Shape and Implant Drop if I Have Thin Skin? (photo)

I have 440cc in each (1999), cohesive gel, submuscular breast implants. I went for a consultation about four years ago and would like another opinion just in case the technology or options have changed. I don't want to change the size at all. The doctor I had the consultation with said that my skin was quite thin and the results would be mediocre at best. Should I go for a second consultation elsewhere or is there really nothing that can be done. Thanks in advance for your help.

Breast ptosis years after implantation.

+1

From the photos given, it appears that the breast tissue has begun to hang a bit off the implants. This is a natural process that will continue over time, usually worsening after menopause. Corrections include either tightening the skin envelope with a breast lift or increasing the size of the implants to fill out more of the skin. Since you are happy with the implant and breast size, the recommendation is for a breast lift.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Odd shaped breasts

+1

Looking at your photos I would suggest a slight lift and placing the implants under the muscle.I think this will give your breasts a better shape.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, it may be in your best interest to seek additional consultations in person. You will find that if you visit with 3 plastic surgeons you may receive 4  different opinions…  Ultimately you will need to select a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

In person examination and a full communication of your goals will be necessary to provide you with accurate advice  and treatment plan. Generally speaking, maneuvers such as manipulation of the breast implant pockets and/or breast lifting may be necessary to achieve your goals.

Breast revision

+1

Thanks for the photos, but nothing replaces an in-office exam and a discussion about possible options to lift the breast.  Thin tissues does impact the lift, but it should not prevent you from having one.

Can a Breast revision help the appearance of my Breasts?

+1

The answer is yes, there are many options for improving the shape and appearance of your breasts, such as changing the pocket, lifting the breast etc. I encourage you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals and they should be able to give you a technique that will acheive these goals. Thanks

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Revision after breast augmentation

+1

Your photos show a classic "separation of components" or "double bubble" contour: the implants are held high on the chest by the muscle layer while your natural breast tissue has began to sag and now hangs below the implant. 

You can expect an EXCELLENT result with revision, without changing your size.  This can be achieved either by releasing the pocket at the bottom of each breast or by performing a breast lift (or both).  This is not an uncommon problem when implants are placed under the muscle (I do not use this approach except in women with completely flat chests).  Implant volume and breast volume should remain in the same space so that the double bubble contour can be avoided.  Gel implants are so soft that they are easily and comfortably accomodated behind the breast (on top of the muscle) even in slender women.

Daniel Greenwald, MD