Breast Implant Revision - 650cc Natrelle Silicone HP or 550cc Moderate Plus Silicone?

my surg is recommending 650cc natrelle hp silicone implants. current 480cc saline m. The main reasons for wanting an exchange is some tension rippling under my boob and on the upper pole when I lean over. I had them done 10 yrs ago and have lost weight- went from 36DD to a 34D :( want that fullness again, for them to come out a bit more and to maintain a somewhat natural look..No round headlight torped Im measuring a 14 im 5'7 ans 117lbs

Implant Exchange Advice

+2

I agree with Dr. Wallach  and Zwiren, and was going to make those points exactly.

That said, I think it is also important for you to realize that traction ripples happen with textured implants and not smooth surface implants.  Smooth implants can ripple too however.

Information that may be helpful on rippling: the best way to minimize chance of ripples is to go with smooth implants, under the muscle, round, silicone.  Despite this, rippling can and still occurs.  It is more likely to occur in women with less tissue above the implant (very lean women, very little breast tissue/muscle, and thin skin).

My final point is that I agree that silicone of an equivalent size/shape vs. saline will appear somewhat smaller as mentioned previously.  I also find that it appears "softer" to the eye.

Hope this helps.

Breast implant revision

+2

I think that the most important thing for you to do is to review things with your surgeon. Without an exam by me or anyone on this site, willm ake it imposible to suggest what woldl be appropriate for you.

Change from gel to saline to get rid of rippling

+2

Your reasoning and plan are sound.  A 170 cc increase in size will be about a cup size or less change.  I generally find that size for size a gel implants will look 50 cc smaller than a saline implant.  Your plan will certainly help to less the rippling that you notice with the saline implant that you currently have.

Breast implant exchange

+2

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you would like to accomplish three things with your implant exchange.  Saline to silicone to reduced the visibility of the saline rippling, increase the projection of your breasts, and increase the upper pole fullness of your breasts.  Changing from saline to silicone will help accomplish the first goal.  The second and third goals will be largely dependent on the measurements of your current implants and the measurements of the implants that will give you the result that you would like.  You will likely need HP or extra-high profile implants to increase the fullness and projection of your breasts when going from saline to silicone implants.  Your plastic surgeon should measure your breast diameter as well as taken into account your current breast implant diameter to determine which implant would be best for you.  Finally, your plastic surgeon may use a silicone implant sizer in the operating room to make sure that the final result is the result that you and he/she have discussed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implant revision

+2

If you want to be bigger, I would recommend at least 150cc increase. anything less than this and you may be disappointed with not enough of an increase in size.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Switching from saline to silicone

+1

If your main complaint is the rippling, switching to silicone gel will correct that. It is up to you if you want to go larger.  650 cc's is pretty large, but you already know what 480 cc's is like, so you have a good reference point from a size perspective.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Exchange

+1

hi lisa,

this sounds like a good plan. After some volume loss and rippling, a larger silicone will help you correct this issue. Are your implants over or under the muscle? 

the "torpedo" look or "half a cantaloupe stuck to your chest" is more an issue with overs than unders. 

best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

+1

As always it is hard to answer without photos. 

But if you have lost some volume and wish to appear larger, at this size implant I don't think you would notice much difference at all with a  70 cc increase in size, so I would probably concur with your surgeon's advice. Consider posting photos for a more useful collection of on line advice.