Breast Implant Redo with HP Implants?

I got my implants two years ago. MP(Medium Profile) 450 cc silicone. Now I am considering getting them redone. Here's why: they are too high on my chest wall and there is practically no space between them.

The new doctor says he will not change the breast cavity but rather swap the implants for HP(High Profile) ones. I am concerned this will not make a big enough difference and I don't want to waste my $. I still want to be a small D. Should I go bigger in cc's for HP?

You can get more volume with HP implants

+1

You will be able to have more volume in your breast implants switch to HP implants. This does not mean that they wil be closer together. If they are below the muscle now, they may stay as far apart as they are now.

Dr Edwards

You are right to be concerned.

+1

Hi!

A third of the breast augmentation surgeries that we do in New York are revisions, so I know exactly what you are talking about.

The problem is not the implants but the implant pockets. The pockets need to be LOWERED, and the inner parts of the pockets (next to each other) need to be closed off with internal stitches, so the implants are not so close together.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

A revision of your breast pocket may also be necessary

+1

Based on your description, you may also benefit from a revision of your breast pockets. They may actually need to be made smaller to correct the problems you are having. Changing the style (high profile) and size may help, however you may also have to consider going smaller than a small D to achieve optimal results.

A picture would be helpful to provide you with a more accurate assessment.

It may also be worth seeking another opinion, from a board certified plastic surgeon, to be sure you are comfortable with your decision.

Good luck

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Your concern is appropriate

+1

Although I cannot comment specifically regarding your situation your concern is appropriate. Although a change in the style of implant may be appropriate I suspect that the cavity might need to be changed also. This gives the surgeon the opportunuty to create a completely new space for the implant that he can have control over. Otherwise you run the risk of the new implants simply going into the same space as the old implant. Even trying to "close down" the old cavity may fail.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

No way to answer you without a photo

+1

If you could provide a photo, you would have a much better chance of getting a worthwhile answer to your question. First of all, if your implants are too high and too close, some pocket revision would certainly be useful. A HP implant may actually make you look fuller superiorly than you already do. So, as you can see, a photo would really help!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS