Breast Implant Replacement for Bigger Breasts?

I had my Breast Augmentation 3 months ago (350cc Sil Mod+ unders) from 32A to 32 Full C. The recovery was easy, no complications so far. My breasts look beautiful and natural.

My PS gave me what I asked for initially. However, boobie greed hits me hard! I wan't more projection, bigger boobs! I want a little fakey look (Full D). I'm thinking about redo for a bigger size, maybe 425cc Sil HP unders. Should I wait to do the redo after several years? Should I risk myself for a redo? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

It's best to wait for revision

+2

Every surgery carries certain risks (although typically low) for capsular contracture, infection, etc. so it is best to wait and allow yourself to heal completely. I try as best I can to help someone determine a size they are after the first time but sometimes the fear of "being too big" will hold them back and on rare occasion they will have larger implants placed 1-3 years later. Your breasts will continue to change as they mature and soften and you may decide you made the right choice to begin with.

Dr Edwards

Let things mature first before breast implant replacement

+1

Waiting a bit for your tissues to complete their adjustment to the implants makes sense. This usually takes 6-12 months. Then see what your surgeon may do for you. Perhaps he or she will give you a break on a redo if you are nice. Also the size difference you are asking about will likely make little difference. Maybe talk to your surgeon about that as well.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Have a heart to heart talk with your surgeon

+1

Obviously you are generally happy with your surgeon and the wsurgery itself. I would have a sincere discuss with your surgeonregarding your thoughts. Many things might change with a seemingly simple change of implant including increased side effects and complications (sensory changes, rippling, long-term atrophy, etc.). Also, your surgeon should re-analyze your anatomy to determine whether it is projection, volume, or width that will achieve what you desire. he might have to do capsutomies to accommodate a larger implant. When to do it is determined by your level of dissatisfaction. I usually tell patients to wait as long as they can for revisions. If they can't wait, then they are well-motivated and the benefits might out-weigh the potential increased risk of additional surgery.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD